• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Think this would be a cracking signing. Why are people moaning?!

Absolutely this ...

" we want a young CB of quality .... "

We are then heavily linked with a 25 year CB, we've seen first hand before, who only 12 months ago carried quite a transfer tag and also interested Championship Clubs and some are like "meh " ....

Defensively we would have some great options and quality there .....

We really have been spoilt recently where we are "meh " about this perspective signing, for me, it would be a great addition and like Cox, Ferdinand, MAF last season and Kightly and also Hendrie this season, something we couldn't even dream of say 24/30 months ago

Absolutely this ...

We are then heavily linked with a 25 year CB, we've seen first hand before, who only 12 months ago carried quite a transfer tag and also interested Championship Clubs and some are like "meh " ....

We really have been spoilt recently where we are "meh " about this perspective signing, for me, it would be a great addition and like Cox, Ferdinand, MAF last season and Kightly and also Hendrie this season, something we couldn't even dream of say 24/30 months ago
Someone give this man a medal! Bravo Sir.

Absolutely this ...

Very well put. Compare the signings of last and (so far) this season with the 2014/15 season and you'll see that we are indeed being spoiled.

Myles WestonGillinghamFree[SUP][4][/SUP]
24 June 2014FWLee BarnardSouthamptonFree[SUP][5][/SUP]
23 July 2014MFDavid WorrallRotherham UnitedFree[SUP][6][/SUP]
4 August 2014DFMads IbenfeldtAkademisk BoldklubFree[SUP][7][/SUP]
5 August 2014DFCian BolgerBolton Wanderers£25,000[SUP][8][/SUP]
5 August 2014FWIsaac LayneBillericay TownUndisclosed[SUP][9][/SUP]
22 August 2014MFGary DeeganNorthampton TownFree[SUP][10][/SUP]
15 January 2015MFAdam BarrettGillinghamFree[SUP][11][/SUP]

Very well put. Compare the signings of last and (so far) this season with the 2014/15 season and you'll see that we are indeed being spoiled.

Myles WestonGillinghamFree[SUP][4][/SUP]
24 June 2014FWLee BarnardSouthamptonFree[SUP][5][/SUP]
23 July 2014MFDavid WorrallRotherham UnitedFree[SUP][6][/SUP]
4 August 2014DFMads IbenfeldtAkademisk BoldklubFree[SUP][7][/SUP]
5 August 2014DFCian BolgerBolton Wanderers£25,000[SUP][8][/SUP]
5 August 2014FWIsaac LayneBillericay TownUndisclosed[SUP][9][/SUP]
22 August 2014MFGary DeeganNorthampton TownFree[SUP][10][/SUP]
15 January 2015MFAdam BarrettGillinghamFree[SUP][11][/SUP]

To be fair out of that lot, we didn't do too badly either. Worrall, Bolger and Barrett were all key players in a promotion side and Gary Deegan and Myles Weston played their part in getting us there too.

Lee Barnard and Isaac Layne were undoubtedly flops and Mads Ibenfeldt an unquestionable success :winking:

To be fair out of that lot, we didn't do too badly either. Worrall, Bolger and Barrett were all key players in a promotion side and Gary Deegan and Myles Weston played their part in getting us there too.

Lee Barnard and Isaac Layne were undoubtedly flops and Mads Ibenfeldt an unquestionable success :winking:

I agree but if you compare like for like Kightley is streets ahead of Weston and Worrall, MAF and Cox are improvements on Barnard, Anton Ferdinand and (theoretically) Michael Turner are improvements on Bolger and Barrett

I agree but if you compare like for like Kightley is streets ahead of Weston and Worrall, MAF and Cox are improvements on Barnard, Anton Ferdinand and (theoretically) Michael Turner are improvements on Bolger and Barrett[/QUOTE]

Stand by for verbal slandering Shrimperfan.....you have cast doubt and aspersions upon the man that is AB :Worthy: :Worthy: :Worthy:

I remember Seb Larrson and Nicolas Bentner ripping us apart when on loan at Birmingham in our championship year. I believe that beat us 3 nil.

Everyone beat us three or four that year. Larsson didn't actually play in the game at Roots Hall when they spanked us just before Christmas. He was in the team that we beat 3-1 at their place a couple of months later though.

Everyone beat us three or four that year. Larsson didn't actually play in the game at Roots Hall when they spanked us just before Christmas. He was in the team that we beat 3-1 at their place a couple of months later though.

One of the best performances I've seen from us, that 3-1 win.

Back