• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues activate clause in Leonard's contract and are in talks about new deal

SOUTHEND United have activated a year-long clause in Ryan Leonard’s contract and are also in talks about a new three year deal.

More...

Glad to see it Phil mentioned his long term grow as a key attribute , as we all know how devastating that can be:blush:

Good news.

I've been all for signing him to a long term contract since early 2013!

Interesting, according to that HE triggered it not the club.

I noticed that. If I was a footballer that needed an operation a few months before my contract was set to expiry I'd exercise an extension if I could... I'm sure others might be more in the know. OBL asked him directly about the matter, so maybe she knows more.

I noticed that. If I was a footballer that needed an operation a few months before my contract was set to expiry I'd exercise an extension if I could... I'm sure others might be more in the know. OBL asked him directly about the matter, so maybe she knows more.

To be fair, he didn't need the operation when we asked him. He was fit and available to play.

I asked him and he said "I'm definitely here next season," to which I asked "definitely?" And he replied quite emphatically "definitely". The drink took over a bit then, but I believe hubby asked him some more and his response was to the effect that the number of appearances had triggered the extension. So, I guess that's open to interpretation.

Back