• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Southend in debt by £2.4million

Shrimper

Life President
Was in the Southend advertiser that i saw in the Costcutters on Woodgrange Drive but Southend are apparently in debt of £2.4million. No spending now it seems.

Losses of £2.4m is different to £2.4m debt to be fair.

Expected after Champ relegation and something I'm sure the club are looking at fixing (Hopefully this season's figures read much better than that - but we won't know until next year).

If you can find a football club that's not in debt, that'll be an achievement, man u are in 600 million pounds of debt or something like that. not a big deal as long as it's sustainable.

Last edited:
Yep, that's the Echo for you blowing it out of all proportion. Of course making a £2.4million loss isn't good but it's not at all following relegation. Which is what that figure is for. I'm sure the Echo could have found a better front page - there is an election on afterall.

If you can find a football club that's not in debt, that'll be an achievement, man u are in 60 million pounds of debt or something like that. not a big deal as long as it's sustainable.

600 million i thought. Kind of puts our issue into perspective

Not good news, could be under pressure to sell the likes of Sankofa and Masters to wipe the debt out.

So is this a dept incured in that season only, and is added onto an ongoing dept that southend have, or is this an overall dept that the club owe. The reason i say this, is because Southends dept has been bigger than 2.4 in last few years.

"Club gets relegated and suffers financial losses"

Evening Echo in No **** Sherlock story #2,392 of the year.

Lets be clear here that a 2.4m loss this season doesn't mean we now owe another 2.4m on top of all our other debts.

Profit & Loss and debts or cash for that matter are totally different.

Back