• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend looking for a forward and a winger

I wouldn't blame Nicky, Che or anyone else who have been offered the same contract as last year. Mr Martin you are taking the $%&* out of our players by doing this. They have just got us promoted and all you want to do is insult them. I really hope Paul and Steve can sort it out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SuperBlues @ June 07 2005,21:42)]I wouldn't blame Nicky, Che or anyone else who have been offered the same contract as last year. Mr Martin you are taking the $%&* out of our players by doing this. They have just got us promoted and all you want to do is insult them. I really hope Paul and Steve can sort it out.
*sigh*
glare.gif
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ June 07 2005,19:24)]And Matt The Shrimp, there's no need to get so wound up over the club finances etc and swearing, i'm sure we have the money to pay Flav's wages etc.
Yes there is, I'm afraid. You appear to have not the slightest grasp on how close this club has been to going under in the last 7 years.

We must do everything we can to ensure that never happens again - and that starts with not breaking the bank for any player, including Fredy, Adam or (in this case) Flavs.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 07 2005,21:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SuperBlues @ June 07 2005,21:42)]I wouldn't blame Nicky, Che or anyone else who have been offered the same contract as last year. Mr Martin you are taking the $%&* out of our players by doing this. They have just got us promoted and all you want to do is insult them. I really hope Paul and Steve can sort it out.
*sigh*
glare.gif
down.gif
I agree with Spiff.
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Nicky is pretty lucky to get a contract and had it not been for the last 2 games of the season's i doubt he'd still be at the club. Im pretty sure he'll change his mind once he realises that no-one else is interested in him and this is the only offer he has.

As for Che, he's hardly been impressive and we can't go offering lots of money to a player of his calibre who wasn't even that impressive in L2, let alone L1.

As for Darryl, bit of a different case and if the deal has "changed" then thats a little harsh but im pretty sure that'll get sorted in the next week or so.

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 07 2005,21:46)]
[b said:
*sigh*  
glare.gif

down.gif
I just wish the squad could be kept together for next season. It was good enough to go up and a few additions will keep us up.

if we do get a winger in, where would this leave gower ? cant see tilly playing with two widemen. if gower was back to the form of the 03/04 season i dont think it would have been so essential to get a winger in. but as we know mark hasent done himself justice recently, and wonder if he figures in tillys plans

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 07 2005,19:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]THE RUMOURS ARE EVEN MORE STRONGER,  THAT RUMOUR IS ROCHDALE'S SUPER NUMBER 9, GRANT HOLT!  Bring it on    

So much for Steve Flack being god, Grant Holt could take over his mantle!

UP THE BLUUUUUUUUUUUEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

Jeez, how can you claim that Holt is going to be a god? You would have seen him play, what twice this season?!

Yes he scored a lot of goals this season, but he didn't look that impressive down at the Hall.

Anyways, didn't Brush claim that the winger we are after would have had League experience? Surely that rules out Mitchel Cole?
I decided to check out Holt's goals on Bluesworld.

I can categorically state that he scored some very, very good goals last year. He has an excellent eye for goal (dare i say it......... as good as Sir Fred). One area where he is certainly better than Sir Fred is in the air, but i wouldn't say he's anything like Flack............. he's much better than that!

But I agree, after looking at the goals, we stand little chance of seeing him at the Hall next season

down.gif

[b said:
Dont you have a sun bed booked up for this morning Nic?

biggrin.gif

Well, my view is........that my brother-in-law was Rochdale on Fifa for a season and Holt banged in loads of goals! So there, he must be the dog's bollox!

tounge.gif

Back