• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Manor Youth forced into name change

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Just saw this on the Echo site.

After popping down one Saturday with my boy I was amazed how big the set up was and how many kids are involved. Hoping you can get something sorted.

Absolutely shocking. Can't believe local FA aren't doing anything? This is why we will never win the World Cup!

Absolutely shocking. Can't believe local FA aren't doing anything? This is why we will never win the World Cup!

What can the FA do?

Sounds like the bloke is a complete bellend and can't help but feel that this will have implications for the support that Manor seniors get.

What can the FA do?

That's the gist of it from what I can see. Robinson's clearly something of a bellend, but if he's making decisions for the club and they own the Southend Manor 'brand' (for want of a better word), then there's not an awful lot the FA can do short of looking to facilitate talks between the relevant parties. The article says the FA have approached SMY to discuss options going forward, which is more support than you'd get from other bodies.

Last year I played Against Manor ladies in a friendly game and they were simply superb,I think they have actually changed their name this season to Southendians???.

Currently they are breezing through the county leagues and are poised to join the regional set up,Excellent team IMO.

That's the gist of it from what I can see. Robinson's clearly something of a bellend, but if he's making decisions for the club and they own the Southend Manor 'brand' (for want of a better word), then there's not an awful lot the FA can do short of looking to facilitate talks between the relevant parties. The article says the FA have approached SMY to discuss options going forward, which is more support than you'd get from other bodies.

Pretty much spot on. The entire Youth section has been cut and now he (robinson) wants to start his own one. Meaning the real Manor Youth section has to change name.

With approaching 30 teams and 350-400 kids next season, that is an expensive re-brand with new kit and badge etc.

The FA have spoken to us, just to advise basically there is nothing we can do and to come up with a new name.

Last year I played Against Manor ladies in a friendly game and they were simply superb,I think they have actually changed their name this season to Southendians???.

Currently they are breezing through the county leagues and are poised to join the regional set up,Excellent team IMO.

Yep. best Ladies side around at the moment. Another team forced away, hence their name change as well. Disgraceful.

Yep. best Ladies side around at the moment. Another team forced away, hence their name change as well. Disgraceful.

Agreed,
Every player is very comfortable with the ball whilst possessing speed strength and stamina,They are able to ping the ball to each other at pace and their midfield gave me the runaround.Can see them if they keep together possibly playing combination within 3 years.

Back