• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

All it needs is some properly organised police action with numbers and correct equipment. It isn't rocket science. Its all about money and resources as most things are these days. Going in half cocked is worse than not going in at all. It's certainly nothing to do with being terrified!!!

All it needs is some properly organised police action with numbers and correct equipment. It isn't rocket science. Its all about money and resources as most things are these days. Going in half ****ed is worse than not going in at all. It's certainly nothing to do with being terrified!!!

Something Essex Police don’t have as they’re massively understaffed!

All it needs is some properly organised police action with numbers and correct equipment. It isn't rocket science. Its all about money and resources as most things are these days. Going in half ****ed is worse than not going in at all. It's certainly nothing to do with being terrified!!!

O.K. then. The estimate I heard from ASDA staff was 6 police turned up eventually. If it was member of the public caravans, you know some or all of those 6 police would be knocking on the doors of the caravans 100%. Why are those police not knocking on the doors of those travellers caravans?

Some are back, but now the poor rugby club, and some are still there at Garons. It is Covid related, as the ones at Trinity at Garons have been there weeks rather than the one week allowed after a notice has been served. They did it by playing the Covid card. There were some that moved off from one of the fields there. I wondered why I was still getting the dodgy flyers about gardening maintainance, guttering and roof repairs, and driveways. 'Special' rates for OAPs.

From the echo.
GROUPS of travellers have pitched up “causing havoc” at various football and rugby clubs around Southend.

Around 30 caravans have made home at Trinity Football Club, at Eastern Avenue, for the last few weeks with around 10 other caravans having plotted up at Southend Rugy Club, at Warners Bridge Park, Sumpters Way, in Southend, yesterday afternoon.

Children appeared to be enjoying themselves running around the pitches as the families settled in to their new surroundings, causing concern for members of the sporting clubs who are planning to start training again following the latest Government guidance.

A member of staff at Trinity Football Club, who wished to remain anonymous, said the travellers are “ruining the children’s chances of playing”.
The club employee, said: “They’ve been there for a number of weeks.
“Now the guidelines have changed we’ve got children who can train again, but they’re on the fields adjacent to the pitches.
“From a welfare perspective, it’s too dangerous to allow the children down there.

“We get them every year. They’ve been here for a number of weeks. Our teams are ready to train again, it’s really unfortunate.”
The group at Southend Rugby Club were seen by residents of the Manners Way area heading to the grounds around 3pm yesterday.
Councillor Ron Woodley, said: “The legal team has been involved and will seek to get them removed through the courts with an injunction.

“I share their frustrations, but we have to bear in mind the coronavirus outbreak.
“We have to make sure none of them have got the virus and follow the Government guidance.
“They have to be removed safely, securely, and properly.
“If we were to exclude travellers completely from Southend, we would need a permanent place for them to go.
“There isn’t one at the moment and I’m not sure where one can go.”
Councillor Mark Flewitt, added: “It’s about time we have a borough wide protection from travellers.
“If it’s in the form of a PSPO, then that’s fine, but why can’t we have a borough wide injunction.
“Travellers cost councillors and the council time and money every time.
“Residents don’t want travellers on land.”
An anonymous resident, from Southend, added: “I don’t know if they are the same group that were moved on from Basildon and Canvey but it’s the last thing we need.
“Local families feel intimidated by them as do our children. I know they are just trying to go about their daily lives but they can’t just start taking over green spaces and football clubs.”

Day 1 of mask wearing and I went into a bakers in Leigh. The bloke in front of me didn't have a mask on and the lady serving asked him to put one on. 'What are going to do if I don't' sneers our man, 'nothing' says the lady, 'including not serving you' she added. I was impressed, he wasn't and left without any further knobheadedness.

Day 1 of mask wearing and I went into a bakers in Leigh. The bloke in front of me didn't have a mask on and the lady serving asked him to put one on. 'What are going to do if I don't' sneers our man, 'nothing' says the lady, 'including not serving you' she added. I was impressed, he wasn't and left without any further knobheadedness.

Problem is not all will be like that and some arseholes will intimidate people into serving them without a mask.

It’s not ****ing hard, wear a mask when in the shops!

Went into Southend this morning and went into a couple of shops, first time wearing a mask for me and guess what .. it was fine, a tad annoying but hardly a chore. The shops I went into everyone was compliant but you can bet there’ll be some proper ****s like above. Not the shopkeepers job to deal with it in my view.

Went into Southend this morning and went into a couple of shops, first time wearing a mask for me and guess what .. it was fine, a tad annoying but hardly a chore. The shops I went into everyone was compliant but you can bet there’ll be some proper ****s like above. Not the shopkeepers job to deal with it in my view.
Interestingly, on national TV today there were several senior police officers saying that enforcement of wearing masks was a last resort as police resources were too stretched to cope. Today my wife reckoned that there were at least six PCSOs in the high street. Coincidence obviously!

Interestingly, on national TV today there were several senior police officers saying that enforcement of wearing masks was a last resort as police resources were too stretched to cope. Today my wife reckoned that there were at least six PCSOs in the high street. Coincidence obviously!
There were a few that I saw, chatting to people and milling about.

The garage I usually stop at for supplies in the morning weren't enforcing the mask wearing either but as the manager, who I'm quite friendly with said, they can't afford to turn people away.

Travellers update. They have moved out of Southend and some have gone to who knows where, and a lot have gone back to Beacon Field, Langdon Hills. The last time they were there a couple of months ago, there was an argument about who pays for and deals with the clear up, as it's in Basildon, but comes under Thurrock council. A lot of locals ended up helping with the clear up. So that's the good news. The bad news is word's coming out about the state of it at Garons and the Trinity football fields. Apparently mess and flytip everywhere as they've been there so long, Also, soiled toilet tissue and human poo everywhere next to the mini golf course, which Garons golf are rightly fuming about. And so the clear up begins.

Wore a mask for the first time when shopping yesterday at Morrisons - not a big shop, just a basket for a few bits for the weekend. Have to say I found it difficult, had to have my mouth open the whole time as felt like I couldn't breath properly, which then made me hot and uncomfortable. Shall stick to click and collects for the foreseeable and just pop in if I have to to.

Travellers update. They have moved out of Southend and some have gone to who knows where, and a lot have gone back to Beacon Field, Langdon Hills. The last time they were there a couple of months ago, there was an argument about who pays for and deals with the clear up, as it's in Basildon, but comes under Thurrock council. A lot of locals ended up helping with the clear up. So that's the good news. The bad news is word's coming out about the state of it at Garons and the Trinity football fields. Apparently mess and flytip everywhere as they've been there so long, Also, soiled toilet tissue and human poo everywhere next to the mini golf course, which Garons golf are rightly fuming about. And so the clear up begins.

And that is the problem with them and the”dirt and mess” they leave behind.
I know what was left when they departed from Snakes Lane field and it was not pleasant indeed.
I think the council need to do some serious thinking on how they are going to manage this in the future

Wore a mask for the first time when shopping yesterday at Morrisons - not a big shop, just a basket for a few bits for the weekend. Have to say I found it difficult, had to have my mouth open the whole time as felt like I couldn't breath properly, which then made me hot and uncomfortable. Shall stick to click and collects for the foreseeable and just pop in if I have to to.

It is hard adapting if you are not used to wearing them.
Luckily for me I am pretty used to them now along with my all of my PPE but I am chuckling at the way some people wear them and then constantly “fiddle” with the area actually covering the mouth site.
One thing I did see today was a woman wearing a mask and then pulled it to one side to take a drag on her cigarette and then once inhaled pulled the mask back. I did wonder what it smelt like or even tasted like as her mouth and and nose was covered.

It is hard adapting if you are not used to wearing them.
Luckily for me I am pretty used to them now along with my all of my PPE but I am chuckling at the way some people wear them and then constantly “fiddle” with the area actually covering the mouth site.
One thing I did see today was a woman wearing a mask and then pulled it to one side to take a drag on her cigarette and then once inhaled pulled the mask back. I did wonder what it smelt like or even tasted like as her mouth and and nose was covered.

I see a lot of people with it covering their mouth but not their nose.

Back