• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
We all know ex Shrimpers have something of a habit of scoring against us. Just this season Matt Harrold and Jack Midson have done so.

But when have Southend players scored for us against their former sides?

Dickinson and Gilbert both scored against Plymouth this season but I can't remember too many more.

Barnard got a couple against Crewe the other year. I'm sure Barrett got one against one of his old clubs. It does seem to happen less frequently for us than it does against, though.

Thinking about it, throughout the years we've tended to do most of our signings from either Clubs a couple of divisions above us or from sides in the Conference and below which limits the opportunities that our players have to do well against their former sides. That's something that has changed under Sturrock so maybe it will happen more frequently now.

I am sure there have been loads since Richard Cadette but I doubt any will beat him scoring four against the Orient from whom we had just signed him back in 1985 !.
I can still picture him standing on the wall in front of the North Bank triumphantly after scoring one his goals in a great 5-1 win..

A superb debut performance which I can not recall anyone really came close to matching until a certain Freddy Eastwood.

Mark Rawle scored against us away at Oxford once when we lost 1-0 and I think Graeme Jones scored for Boston against us at Roots Hall once too.

Hard to believe that two of the biggest *******s in SUFC history could both do it.

Gower scored a couple of goals Vs Swansea prior to joining them. None against former club Barnet though

I think Wayne Gray is our player who has scored against the most numerous previous clubs (if you include loan spells) netting vs Orient, Port Vale and Swindon

He also scored for us vs. Orient.

a hat trick no less

We won 2-1 at Birdbrain Road during our last relegation season with ex SadOs Barrett and McCormack scoring

And one i remember from a recent "On this day in history" thread going back to the 30s Len Bolan returned to Spurs with us and scored a hat trick

Alan Mccormack against Preston away 2007. He had only joined us that season from Preston a scorcher from outside the area. He then ran towards the Southend fans and you could see by the look on his face how much he had enjoyed scoring against them.

Back