• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-0 Woking

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Dull, Dull, Dull. Worst game of the season IMO.

We looked dead on our feet and the passing Oh dear yes we forgot how to pass to our own players. Nothing up top and we could not score in a Brothel.

I feel sorry for the 7000 fans who watched that rubbish.

Last edited:
Dull, Dull, Dull. Worst game of the season IMO.

We looked dead on our feet and the passing Oh dear yes we forgot how to pass to our own players. Nothing up top and we could not score in a Brothel.

I feel sorry for the 7000 fans who watched that rubbish.
As I said 5 weeks ago.
Don't get your hopes up!
We are in this league for a long time.

Help!
There is another six of these to come!
From the get go we were up the left, and lost it limply. I wondered then if it was a sign of things to come.
The corner kicks; the crosses; the passing and the control were all poor.
One shot was it? So, at least the shooting wasn't a problem: that's because there wasn't any!
Ralph did well; Miley was OK; ditto Kensdale, everyone else needs to forget their performance as quickly as possible.

Don't know about Woking but that was truly WOEFUL! By far the worst game of the season....you expect, at least, one team to be half useful. Goes without saying, that neither side deserved the three points. If It was in my remit I wouldn't even give them the one point for a draw! Yes, Woking used every un-professional trick......but don't let us use that as an excuse for that performance

Oh my, groundsman needn’t bothered setting the goals up, they were never threatened …that was beyond poor

It looked like we've completely run out of steam, maybe the lack of pre season & having too small a squad until recently, has caught up with us.

That doesn't change the fact that the performance today was dire though. Leggy throughout, misplaced passes, a lack of urgency, and zero attacking threat throughout.

Only Collin gets any real credit from me. Kensdale, Ralph and Husin did okay, everyone else was well below par. Crowther in particular had a stinker, and I was so frustrated by Fonguck. He was nowhere near good enough off the ball and looked decidedly half-arsed effort wise. I think that may well be the final straw for Maher and I won't be surprised if he's gone at the end of the season.

I hoped the subs would have a positive impact, but both Wood and Coker didn't take their chance to impress either.

Overall I'm taking that as a point gained and I certainly won't be judging Maher too harshly, at least until he's had a season without Ron hampering his efforts!

Roll on the close season for me.

Its been an exhausting emotional one.

Its quite clear we need three or four good signings to take us from an upper mid table team to a promotion winning team.

Next season will be A more even playing field for kev et al. With a totally new pressure, He can and will be judged pretty quickly on results tho, and he knows that. One things for sure attendances are gonna drop if its this dull, win or lose..

Back