• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 Bradford City

I thought that too, the killer bad pass was Malarczyk's (although the person he was passing too could have reacted quicker too), but it was the final one of a bunch of bad passes across the back 4 and defensive midfielders. Tough to judge him on that mistake, he was good in the air throughout and I thought grew into the game.
To be honest I thought he looked poor all game, and I didn't think he was anything over average in the air .We all see different things I guess. It's only his debut so I certainly am not writing him off, but I was very underwhelmed.

I had no idea that Bridge had been recalled and actually went to the Chelmsford game to see him haha. Anyway glad he got his chance and sounds like he did ok. Noticed a comment about him being stuck out wide, he's played out wide in all the Chelmsford games I've seen and he is great down the wing running at players cutting in

I had no idea that Bridge had been recalled and actually went to the Chelmsford game to see him haha. Anyway glad he got his chance and sounds like he did ok. Noticed a comment about him being stuck out wide, he's played out wide in all the Chelmsford games I've seen and he is great down the wing running at players cutting in

Certainly hope we get to see a bit more of him next season.

I must have watched a different game to some posters. can see why Malarczyk hasn't played before, awful distribution and questionable decision making. White was awful, too many aimless punts upfield, Coker is not the same player as before his injury lay off. Rather telling that our best defender is 36, has no pace, and was supposed to retire a year ago.

Midfield - Leonard pick of the midfield, McLaughlin flits in and out of games but there's a good player in there somewhere and his corners/crosses are better than most.
Does Atkinson get fined if he passes forward? every single time its sideways or backwards, totally slows down play, don't get why Brown picks him every week. Incidentally their No. 4 (Evans) was the best player on the pitch, had the freedom of the midfield and none of ours got close to him.
Is Timlin still injured or another one that's fallen out with Brown (Prosser, Bolger, Worral mid season, Thompson, Rumours of White unhappy... a worrying trend why so many seem to be 'out of favour'?)

Attack - Mooney. Sorry, this guy is at best a league 2 player, time to move out, waste of space. Barnett, I can see why he's had so many clubs, you never know which Barnett will turn up. Hunt was so much better when he came on, but he's played little more than a handful of games this season due to injuries, an expensive gamble that hasn't paid off, suspect he moves on in the Summer. Personally I'd like to see a complete new strike force for next season.

Phil quick to drop Payne, Bentley, for not signing a new contract, but a bit of double standards with all his 'will I / wont I' flirtation with Bolton the past 2 months which has co-incided with our relegation form.

Personally I think the squad is in need of a major overhaul, time to move on for 7 or 8 of them. White, Atkinson, Deegan, Weston, Hurst, Mooney, I'd be happy to see move on, plus suspect we've seen the last of Bentley, Worral, Payne and Hunt and the Loanees.

Hunt was so much better when he came on, but he's played little more than a handful of games this season due to injuries, an expensive gamble that hasn't paid off,

Am I right in thinking the majority of his injuries were not his making but were injuries caused by others?

Am I right in thinking the majority of his injuries were not his making but were injuries caused by others?

Absolutely. When he's played he's been the subject of some very hefty challenges, almost as if he'd been targeted by the opposition....but, surely, they wouldn't do that, would they? :stunned:

Back