• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-4 Harrogate town

oxley - blimey ,,, oh whoops ... oh whoops.... whoopsy whoopsy ,,, (check online banking ...oh thats ok then )

Elvis - "get me out of here"

Hobson - oh no ! this lot are hopeless

Taylor - wooo ...just hanging on in here

Ralph - oh no its a bit quick ... where is the shape

Egbri - come on guys play a bit ... I can't do it all

Gard - I on my own in here ... help

Hutchinson - why was Sol so horrid .. look I can .... whack

Green - this goes on the telly ,.. eevryone can see i am class

Kelman - thank gawd Colbert has gone .. .. my next club will be better than this

Goodship - I can do this, i can do this, I can do this ....

MM - ?? feel the heat sunshine ... this lot on here hated an England international ... hope they stick with you - hope the guys believe in you - it is not going well

Oxley. Minus 4 yes thats a minus
Bwonono -3
Hobson - 4
Taylor - 3
Ralph- 4
Egbri - 4
Gard - 3
Hutchinson- 4
Green - 4
Goodship - 2
Kelman - 4

It's not that I blame the kids, they are just out of their depth and it will just get worse from here on unless RM sorts this mess of his own making out. Very worrying times once again and MM does not stand a chance atm.

This is what it will be like, good in a way as the kids will learn an awful lot and we need to keep them together. Average age of 22 only so there will be some great energetic displays and some more absolute carp. Admittedly we need strengthening but i will keep faith with a lot of those kids , he will be the men dishing out in due course, and lets not get on their backs too much We knew it would be a tough year and Im sure things will improve. My Home grown mushrooms were also special in my opinion

FIFA SCORING SYSTEM

Oxley - 4

Elvis - 3

Hobson - 6

Taylor - 4

Ralph - 2

Green - 6

Hutchinson - 5

Gard - 3

Egbri - 4

Kellman - 3

Goodship - 2

MOTM despite the obvious **** up was Hobson, saved at least 3 goals before giving them one for their efforts

Rubbish
Ox 3
Ralph 4
Elvis 4
Hobson 6 (aside from the 4th goal looked vaguely competent)
Taylor 4
green 5. Showed some good flashes, but final ball wasn’t the right one
Gard 4
Hutchinson 2
Egbri 5
Kelman 3
Goodship 4

Terrible. We desperately need the embargo cleared and some senior pros in. If it can’t be, then ship some kids out on loan and bring some players in. Today was evidence that many of these kids are not ready or may never be ready.

It's been a reality check for everyone. Where's Shrimpet Steve's optimism when we need it now...?

We were very poor in the first half, partly because Harrogate got their tactics spot on. For a while in the second we played that flowing football again but failed to score from a couple of half chances. Harrogate then decided they didn't need to protect what they had and pushed forward again and we gave them a couple more goals.

With Carlisle and Morecambe to come I can't see us gaining a point for a while. We need our few experienced men back and need to pick up a few experienced League Two pros as soon as possible. MM will lave learned some painful lessons today. How will he react I wonder.....?

Stop playing a 4-4-2 in league 2 with a squad that as an average age of 22 and having Hutchinson in the middle. It is just suicide.

Just embarrasing, I should give a detailed report and ratings right now but I just can't, too mortified.

Also, **** Stephen Humprhys (he messaged a fan on twitter taking the **** by asking what the Southend score was).

Talking of twitter the highlight of our 4th goal is now the number 1 UK trend ? ? ?

Something about today just feels so dark...

Please let this be the lowest point of our season. First day back and there always some relative upsets. I hope and naively think we will improve enough to survive, but MM needs to tear the experienced players out there a new one after today.
[/
Upset? ??? Please don't make me laugh.

Feel sorry for those lads but on that showing it is difficult to pick out anyone capable of holding down a place in an average Division 2 team.

Oxley 4 - He's attracting a lot of the anger (I guess because he's the oldest player on the pitch so a bad performance is less forgivable compared to a kid that's been thrust in at the deep end) but really only the second goal was his fault, the fourth was a poor decision but it never should have lead to a goal.

Elvis 4 - Needs to work on the defensive side of his game if he's going to fulfil his potential
Hobson 4 - Did a couple of good things but that fourth goal was a horror show, someone's posted the goal on Twitter and every time you look at it you wonder if he heard a whistle or something because a Sunday League player could have dealt with that.
Taylor 3 - Improved in the second half but he needs to be less rash with his challenges
Ralph 3 - Not convinced he's fit

Egbri 4 - Worked hard but nothing really came off
Hutchinson 3 - Lost the ball so many times today, any side that watches this match will know now that if they press him he'll make mistakes.
Gard 3 - Same as Hutchinson
Green 5 - Probably our MotM although his forward play reminded me of McGlashan, he does well getting into good positions but then makes the wrong decision at the end. Looks better defensively than McGlashan was though, and I suspect we'll be defending quite a bit this season.

Goodship 4 - One of the only players that was trying to make things happen, unfortunately the talent isn't there for him to convert his ideas into reality.
Kelman 4 - aside from that header I can't think of much he did, he desperately needs a strike partner that will hold the ball up and bring him into play because he isn't going to be able to do that himself.

Ron please get the embargo lifted ASAP and sign at least 6 players because if you don't I'm sticking £20 on us to get relegated.

Not good today but am still gonna be a half glass full gal

At least we've got our worse performance of the season out of the way early.

I think things will improve - it'll be hard not to - but not until the transfer embargo is lifted and reinforcements can arrive.

We've lost Milligan, Hopper, Humprhys, Cox, Kiernan, Ridgewell, McLaughlin, Hyam, Mantom, Barratt from a squad that struggled badly and replaced them with just Green and Hobson.

The challenge will be ensuring heads don't drop too low - and getting the embargo lifted.

Last edited:
In White, Dieng, Lennon and Demetriou we had our most experienced outfielders out injured. As the commentators said, the average age of our starting 11 was 20.4yrs and the only true bringer of experience to the side, Oxley chose today to play as if he didn't care. That may not be true but it's what it looked like to me.

The first 45 minutes was pretty much all Harrogate as they played with confidence that comes with a side that has just won their play-off for promotion. The second half was a little bit different as Mr Molesley had obviously had a word about the fannying about that was going on whilst on the ball and we played a bit more directly. The plan of playing the ball out from the back just wasn't going to happen today, Harrogate sussed it early and pushed up on the back players so they none of them had any real time to do anything productive with the ball. The biggest misses in our team today were an experienced midfielder that could slow the game down when needed and marshall the lads in the middle, JW in the back 4 and a forward with some nous to allow Charlie the freedom to play. No doubt we will bring in players, we must, if are to survive this season.

Hopefully, the dosh has been gathered in to clear our debts and cut us free of embargo, and with that comes some fresh blood.

There's no doubt that was bloody painful to watch, but it was obvious early on that Harrogate just had too much for us to cope with and the mistakes and goals came as a result. It's pointless getting too hysterical after that one game as we will improve, it's just a question of the improvement and new players arriving before we hit the despondency corridor.

By the way Mr Molesley, playing our way out from the back with our current personnel ain't going to cut it at the moment, and Oxley, you really are going to have to up your game as at the moment players like Elvis are hooking balls away rather than trust you to come and catch.

Finally, the new kit looked the dog's bollocks today so there was one plus to savour.

All the goals were pathetic defending. No fight at the back. We went forward with sol after a while, but now we are right back to shipping 7 against donny.

Green played alright, and I think hutch is played in the wrong position.

Oxley – 0
Bwonono – 1
Hobson – 2
Taylor – 2
Ralph – 1
Egbri – 1
Gard – 1
Hutchinson – 1/2
Green – 1/4
Goodship – 2

I have been watching the Blues since the early 60's and without fear of contradiction we were absolute rubbish. This is the worst i have ever seen us play. Can pass, cant control the ball, cant keep the ball. Just what have the management been doing? No direction or instructions from the management either. As Private Frazier from Dads Army says We're Doomed"!!!!

Oxley. Minus 4 yes thats a minus
Bwonono -3
Hobson - 4
Taylor - 3
Ralph- 4
Egbri - 4
Gard - 3
Hutchinson- 4
Green - 4
Goodship - 2
Kelman - 4

It's not that I blame the kids, they are just out of their depth and it will just get worse from here on unless RM sorts this mess of his own making out. Very worrying times once again and MM does not stand a chance atm.
OK, I'm going to blame the kids.
Temperament, or lack of it, I'll forgive them; but passing; running into space and controlling the sodding ball is a given if you want to be a pro footballer.
If you're saying the players out there are not good enough, I'm with you.
If you're excusing them for their age, that's wide of the mark.

Back