• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0 - 4 Oxford United

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United slumped 11 points from safety after suffering a torrid 4-0 defeat against Oxford United at Roots Hall this afternoon.

More...

I’m actually not angry. I know one thing, I’ll be thinking hard about going to Bristol Rovers away now. I’d been looking forward to it, I have friends in Bristol, had a whole weekend planned. I might proceed with planned weekend but skip the game. I honestly can’t see where our next point is coming from. I’m not interested in Sol’s comments .. I shall be over there with a Guinness.

Even the goal updates from the Southend app on my iPad gave up after the first goal. The problems at the club run deeper than I thought!

I’m actually not angry. I know one thing, I’ll be thinking hard about going to Bristol Rovers away now. I’d been looking forward to it, I have friends in Bristol, had a whole weekend planned. I might proceed with planned weekend but skip the game. I honestly can’t see where our next point is coming from. I’m not interested in Sol’s comments .. I shall be over there with a Guinness.

Go anyway mate - just skip the game :Thumbs up:

Positives: One game closer to the end of the season.
Negatives: Everything else

We have now conceded 14 in our last 3 home league games - Fortress Roots Hall...

We've got far too many crap player's and we probably never had a chance of a win, but worryingly there were crap tactics too today. Gone back to Bond style sideways, backwards, no long balls allowed bull****.

If Taylor felt he could clear the ball the mistake for the first goal might not have happened. Possibly the same with Dieng and the second. Our players aren't good enough to play this way Sol!

Hopeless tactics I'm afraid. What is Sol Campbell thinking of? These players cannot play the way he wants them to. Why keep trying to make them do so when they obviously cannot?

Stop trying to play pretty triangles out from the back. Hoof it up to Goodship and Hopper with Ndukwu on the wing. Play lower League One tactics for Gawd's sake.....

We will go down this year unless we get a miracle January transfer window. I completely understand Sol wanting to play football on the floor but it’s completley impossible with these players, except from a few they should never be given the opportunity to be a professional footballer again.

Our defence is completely inept when faced with the slightest bit of pace, what on earth has happened to Cox and Hopper? I understand they didn’t have the best of service but were considerably weaker than the defenders. Ralph needs to also get further up the pitch quicker on the overlap, just like Coker used to.

I do have to give credit to a few of the boys, Dieng is getting better and better each week. Milligan showed some class today who was in his element with the new style of football, really put himself out there. Same with Hutchinson, really starting to thrive and play well.

Our fitness was noticeably better but still no where near what a professional football team should be.

UTB

Like Bond before him, Campbell is trying to drill the squad into a way of playing that is simply not within their capabilities. We saw for a spell in the second half how much better they looked with a change of formation, before all the old failings came back at the end. Hutchinson was the one spark of creativity and invention amongst utter dross. No point in wasting words on our 'defenders' but Bishop made a number of saves which avoided even worse humiliation. Relegation a nailed on certainty now.

Like Bond before him, Campbell is trying to drill the squad into a way of playing that is simply not within their capabilities. We saw for a spell in the second half how much better they looked with a change of formation, before all the old failings came back at the end. Hutchinson was the one spark of creativity and invention amongst utter dross. No point in wasting words on our 'defenders' but Bishop made a number of saves which avoided even worse humiliation. Relegation a nailed on certainty now.

Let's hope some of the other midfielders we so badly need are available (at a price) in January.

Will we ever win another match (power strengh commitment needed ??????????????)

How long before we are down to the hard core , go every game, got to get out of the house, die hard support yet? I recon its about 2,500 .
Said the same to my son today, soon it's just gonna be season ticket holders and the hardcore left.

Back