• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Great, hard fought result. Up to 7th and the Pig is on fire!

:pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig:

Good win, great that Pigott gets another and finding a nice run and confidence will just get better.

Phil has found a nice system the last couple of games. If we can just get Hunt fit we will be even better.

This was a very hard fought and entertaining game, even if the finishing or lack of it, from both sides was pretty grim.

Headlines for me were that John White showed why Phil Brown brought him back in today, solid, reliable and some very important blocks and tackles. Pigott and Mooney both had good, hard working games and Pigott’s goal was just reward for a rejuvenated Joe, what a difference goals make! Prosser did all that was required of him against his old club, hardly putting a foot wrong for me the whole game.

No doubt there will be a few pages of debate on here over Weston starting at the expense of Worrall. I think it was a wrong decision but I’m not the manager. Question also for later, why don’t we shoot more. Atkinson, especially, when he came on had chances but almost seemed afraid to pull the trigger. I was almost hoarse shouting ‘Shoot’.

That said, another 3 points and 7[SUP]th[/SUP] place, it will do for me.

Not sure how bad it was , but sad to say fight kicked off in main car after the game.
Not sure if Vale fans forced the gate open or it was opened for them

This was a very hard fought and entertaining game, even if the finishing or lack of it, from both sides was pretty grim.

Headlines for me were that John White showed why Phil Brown brought him back in today, solid, reliable and some very important blocks and tackles. Pigott and Mooney both had good, hard working games and Pigott’s goal was just reward for a rejuvenated Joe, what a difference goals make! Prosser did all that was required of him against his old club, hardly putting a foot wrong for me the whole game.

No doubt there will be a few pages of debate on here over Weston starting at the expense of Worrall. I think it was a wrong decision but I’m not the manager. Question also for later, why don’t we shoot more. Atkinson, especially, when he came on had chances but almost seemed afraid to pull the trigger. I was almost hoarse shouting ‘Shoot’.

That said, another 3 points and 7[SUP]th[/SUP] place, it will do for me.

Id select Worrall ahead of Weston any day, but in that system Weston is more suited as he can play up front, shame he cant hit a barn door. :smile:

As for shooting and Atkinson, attacks often seem to die with him, industrious but nothing in his locker going forward.

A fine win, but so frustrating. Lots of excellent defensive work , JW made some good blocks and all at the back did well.
We did seem to play 3 at front with Mooney playing in the Sheringham role behind the others. Good front play but woeful target aim.The midfield.........at times great and other times awol.
Too much messing about in the last ten minutes.
No one had a bad or poor game, shame about Deegs booking.

Finally my boys see a home win.
Good performance, enjoyed it.
Port Vale up front were woeful, then again I still can't believe Weston missed that sitter before half time.
We were already on our feet celebrating before we realised it went wide.
Decent performances all round, so still undecided as to who MOTM was, but doesn't matter.
Another win in a league that so far this season hasn't looked all that good, only really outdone by Walsall.
Most encouraging for all you Shrimpers.
Would like to add that the West family enclosure where we were was almost full and this always bodes well.

Pigott was my man of the match - much improved hold up play and distribution as well as the goal and did his bit defending as well.

Clearly its a pretty bang average league with play off spots genuinely up for grabs. We would all have taken this place at this point in the season but hopefully we will see the best of Wordsworth and Mclaughlin and Hunt can overcome his injury problems because those three will give us much more potency up front.

Really entertaining game today. Thought we created far more meaningful chances compared to what I've seen so far this season. Port Vale were a nasty little team who cheated and conned the referee the whole game, so it made the 3 points all the sweeter. Disgusting behaviour from their fans at the end though. Directing a bit of verbal through the gate at the passing Southend fans is one thing, but collectively pushing through the gate and stewards to start swinging at the home fans in the car park is entirely another - especially in front of families and kids. Their support was utterly crap and their behaviour was even worse, but anywho...

Bentley - 7, wasn't troubled a great deal but made a real top drawer save in the first half.
White - 7, better than O'Neill in my opinion and played some really fantastic stuff today.
Bolger - 7, good in the air and won most battles with Ikpeazu.
Prosser - 7, solid and dependable performance; organised the back four well.
Coker - 6, not one of his better games but still had some good moments on the overlap.
Deegan - 8, really impressive today and was exactly what was needed in the middle in terms of bite and muscle against a particularly robust team. Some of his passing and through balls were excellent too.
Leonard - 6, only because I'm in a good mood, otherwise he would be a 5. Added little to the team today and was guilty of some very sloppy play, gifting them the ball several times. Needs to get back to his best pretty sharpish.
Timlin - 6, another one who wasn't at their best, but still had some good moments.
Weston - 6, flatters to deceive a little bit. Really quick but he's incredibly frustrating as his technical ability doesn't match his pace. Missed a sitter too.
Mooney - 7, typical Mooney performance. Worked hard and was always looking to create chances and get in the box.
Pigott - 9, man of the match for me. Such a great performance - like night and day compared to the Scunthorpe performance. Worked his socks off and some of the chances he created were sublime and deserved finishing. Unlucky not to score in the first half and got himself in the right place for his goal. Feed the Pig!

Wordsworth - 7, made an immediate impact with a brilliant assist for the goal.
Atkinson - 6, nice to see him again but was a little rusty.
Worrall - 6, good link up with Coker in the latter stages and saw the game out well.

We're in nosebleed territory being only two points off the playoffs but no reason we can't challenge for promotion if we carry on like this. The Blues won, the Mrs is out, Col Ewe lost (after being 2-0 up - hahaha!) and I'm going to consume my body weight in beer and pizza. Happy weekend everyone! :pig:

I notice Weston is already recieving negative comments, people love moaning about him don't they. Yes he missed a couple of good chances but so did a few players today. I thought he had a really good game and was much more threatening than Worrall has been recently.

A half decent crowd at 6,543 and will build if we keep on winning. Barnsley up next who lost at home to bottom of the table Crewe today, so another winnable game I guess. A lot more to feel good about of late and fair play to PB after a slow start this season.

Good performance but repeat what i stated after witnessing Burton away we need a decent finisher!

A half decent crowd at 6,543 and will build if we keep on winning. Barnsley up next who lost at home to bottom of the table Crewe today, so another winnable game I guess. A lot more to feel good about of late and fair play to PB after a slow start this season.

Indeed 6543 with only 280 from PV- if we keep going we will start to see 7-8k against the bigger clubs which will be nice.

Nice win and decent game.

Phil was on the ball subbing Deeg,He was a red card in the waiting.

All did ok with maybe Cokes as the stand out player.

I notice Weston is already recieving negative comments, people love moaning about him don't they. Yes he missed a couple of good chances but so did a few players today. I thought he had a really good game and was much more threatening than Worrall has been recently.

Fully agree. I think Weston assisted in Pigott's easy 'tap-in' and did well up front. OK he missed a decent chance (who hasn't?) A mark of 6 against Pigott's 9 is, in my view, way off.

Back