• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought Gills just deserved to win to be honest. They were very dominant in the 2nd half.

I've not read all the posts so may have been mentioned but did anyone see they guy who got chucked out from Gills after they scored throw a load of punches at a female police officer?

At least you can't accuse the modern hooligan of sexism.

I thought Gills just deserved to win to be honest. They were very dominant in the 2nd half.

I've not read all the posts so may have been mentioned but did anyone see they guy who got chucked out from Gills after they scored throw a load of punches at a female police officer?
I would hope he was arrested and charged with assault on Police and public order too - and then get banning order etc - ejected from the ground doesn't seem appropriate of fitting for the criminal behaviour.

That was a good advert for Division One with plenty of commitment from both teams and some decent skills on display. A fair result overall with good performances from Payne, Kamara, Hurst and Wordsworth. We looked like a side that is fairly decent but not quite good enough to get out of this division. I do feel that we need to sign two decent centre backs if we are serious about challenging for promotion next season. For all of the genuine efforts of the two Adams they never look really commanding and comfortable at the back.

That was a good advert for Division One with plenty of commitment from both teams and some decent skills on display. A fair result overall with good performances from Payne, Kamara, Hurst and Wordsworth. We looked like a side that is fairly decent but not quite good enough to get out of this division. I do feel that we need to sign two decent centre backs if we are serious about challenging for promotion next season. For all of the genuine efforts of the two Adams they never look really commanding and comfortable at the back.

i'm with you on that, defo think we need to strengthen at centre half for next season and/or Thompson (and Bolger?) really step up

I cannot believe you marked Thompson higher than Barrett. Thompson hardly won a ball all afternoon and every time he did his distribution was absolutely awful.

And by the way Sam McQueen was only on for about 10 minutes and put in 2 of the best crosses all afternoon which could easily have been converted.

Did you actually go to the game ?
I am entitled to my opinion as are you.

What was up with Loza, had no pace at all. Looked like he had diving boots on. He got clear of the Gills number 50 (I think) who easily made up the ground to defend.

that no 50 was probably the most athletic player ive seen since Donervan Daniels at Wigan. he reminded me a lot of Sam Sodje the way he leapt off the ground to challenge much taller men.

First game of the season for me this weekend, and a very even game too. Couple of points to make;

Bentley made some decent saves but needs to be more commanding in the air, he made a one very good punch at the start and then tried to do it all the time!
Thompson was very assured on the deck (bar one weak clearance) although he won nothing in the air against their front two.
White and Coker solid, Coker's final ball was poor at times and we need to be more threatening from set pieces - Nelson was assured in the air.

Deegan and Kamara played well (I thought Deegan played better once Kamara went off). You can tell Kamara has premiership qualities but he needs to put his foot in a bit more. One thing I did notice about the midfield in general is we seem to sit very deep and there was too much space in the middle and so Gillingham had more time to construct things. Wordsworth played well but he needs to be playing through the middle (looks a bit lost on the wing). Hurst was great, looked very sharp and good end product.

Barnett played well, didn't have many chances but kept winning the ball and holds up play well - we should definitely sign him for next season.
Payne played well, Gillingham couldn't get the ball off him! was unlucky with a couple of chances (few deflections)

Echo some of the comments of others, think Brown missed a trick not bringing on Weston, Loza looked a little lightweight against a physical back line. Mcqueen didn't do much apart from the excellent cross at the end.

On another note the referee was useless, but even more so was the bald linesman! The refereeing was so inconsistent and on another day couple of the Gillingham players may have had an early bath for two yellows.

What was up with Loza, had no pace at all. Looked like he had diving boots on. He got clear of the Gills number 50 (I think) who easily made up the ground to defend.

Loza was awful in his last spell and has possibly got worse. No commitment, little effort or heart, could not believe he was bought on to try and win the game, I can not stand him.

that no 50 was probably the most athletic player ive seen since Donervan Daniels at Wigan. he reminded me a lot of Sam Sodje the way he leapt off the ground to challenge much taller men.
yeah I watch this guy in the warm up also, he had some right chunky legs on him and I think was only around 5ft 8ish, massive spring in his legs and looked full of energy, quick feet also.

Back