• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok waited till today as wanted to give this some thought.
At the back we did seem to be worrying a bit was this due to Teddy being in goal.
I digress did anyone read Tango's comments in Echo.
He played Teddy.Instead of Paul as Teddy plays like a sweeper.
Is this reference to Paul staying on his line!!! (DWB may answer).
I also counted 5 of the first 6 Williams passes went to a Accrington Player. Way not good enough!!
Thompson should have another partner at Stevenage. Otherwise back four the same.
Dont get me started on why Coker went off. Too me the best player on our books!!
Midfield it went wrong in this area. Far too narrow.
We cant play Jack and play a 4-4-2- (or diamond if you want to call it that) at home.
They packed the area and we just could not get through.
Play Hurst and Worrall with Lenny and Timlin in the middle.
We cant keep setting the team out to allow Jack to Play. It has not worked at home for a while now!!
I lost count of the times Jack was legally physically moved from the ball.
We need width, a midfield as above would open the defense up, not running in striaight lines in the box.
Hurst and Worall can score. Yes Jack can but he has no physical presence, and is not the answer at home.
Yes i did go to Shrewsbury when he was great.
We have a massive problem at home no width allowing us to open up the defence is the way forward.
I like Cassidy off the ball but we cant give him many more games if he does not put the ball in the goal.
AS Bazza did score on Saturday.

We both said that when Teddy came flying out of the goal to clear the ball and got there before the defender, PS would never have done that

Pretty much agree with all you say though. Jack can swing in and out of games and offers plenty but we do suffer width wise when he plays

Absolutely spot on. PB states we were inexperienced and naive and yet picks 2 young full backs as centre halves and takes off probably our best player, Coker, at left back and replaces him with Hurst who sits in at that position and is totally ineffective. I can see why Coker was furious. And to have AB sitting in the Directors Box watching that dross he must wonder what he's done. Marking Balotelli one week, and doing a bloody good job of it, and sitting and watching Thompson and Williams screw it up the next.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but this is spot on for me. We are hardly convincing at home but Smith snr and Prosser should have been shoe-ins. Doesn't matter what we do away unless we win 70% of our remaining home games kiss goodbye to Autos. I would rather see a home midfield that starts without Lenny and Payne. By all means go 4411 and put Payne in behind Pig or Corr.

Obviously I don't go to many games but it seems to me we are setting away line ups for home games. Is that too simplistic? We can't break down teams that some here for a point whereas away from home the opps have a different mentality

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but this is spot on for me. We are hardly convincing at home but Smith snr and Prosser should have been shoe-ins. Doesn't matter what we do away unless we win 70% of our remaining home games kiss goodbye to Autos. I would rather see a home midfield that starts without Lenny and Payne. By all means go 4411 and put Payne in behind Pig or Corr.

Obviously I don't go to many games but it seems to me we are setting away line ups for home games. Is that too simplistic? We can't break down teams that some here for a point whereas away from home the opps have a different mentality

Yes I dont think thats fair at all.

442 diamond with Payne behind two strikers isn;t a defensive line up, but it is so lacking in width it stifles our attacks, yet leaves us exposed out wide .

I don't think its a good set up at all, either home or away.

442 with two wingers doesnt have a place for Payne (in the hole at least), but what would two strikers benefit more from? Payne in the hole behind them, or two wingers supplying crosses from wide?

Look at Oxford, 3 goals, all from wide. That was with Coker supplying crosses. Surely having Coker and a winger would give even more balls from the wings.

Against Cheltenham the first goal came from out wide with the second crossed from a deep free kick.

Doesnt seem that the diamond system plays to our strikers strengths personally.

I noticed something small but possibly significant about the keepers situation on Saturday. Last season, Ted had 'E. Smith' on the back of his shirt and this season he just has 'Smith' which would indicate to me he is the 2nd choice keeper.

I wasn't at the League Cup game at the start of the season when Paul played but I'd take a guess he'd had 'P.Smith' on his shirt.

I don't take squad numbers into consideration as a lot of the time these days they are down to player preference.

I noticed something small but possibly significant about the keepers situation on Saturday. Last season, Ted had 'E. Smith' on the back of his shirt and this season he just has 'Smith' which would indicate to me he is the 2nd choice keeper.

I wasn't at the League Cup game at the start of the season when Paul played but I'd take a guess he'd had 'P.Smith' on his shirt.

I don't take squad numbers into consideration as a lot of the time these days they are down to player preference.

E.Smith??? surely you mean T????/

So, esseshrimper, if you don't know after being told four times in very short succession you ain't ever going to know!!:smile:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jam_Man He has been injured most the time he has been here.

Originally Posted by Jam_Man

Er, because he has?

Adam had an injury to start with - then he was OK.

Available for all matches in February.

Shrewsbury - unused sub

Cheltenham - used sub

Accrington - not in the squad.

Sorry to trouble you with the facts.

Back