• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Please put all your ratings and reports in here after the disappointing result. :'( we will never beat them.

We had a bright start - got in front - gave away a sloppy goal just before the break. Then went into defensive meltdown within 15 seconds of the restart & never really recovered . We did not compete today & lost possession far too often.
We were not beaten by a superior footballing side but by a team that were more determined and stronger than us & credit to them- they did not let a sending off get them down & did what they had to do to win the game.

Far too many of our guys had a bad one today let's hope it doesn't become a habit.

Really poor. As bad as anything since we got relegated. Hard to recall such a lack of crossing ability and creativity. Morecambe direct and strong but not lacking in skill either. Could be a dark horse for the play offs. Can imagine a few teacups flying in our dressing room.

What worries me is how much our heads dropped off the back of what was essentially a bad mistake from Prosser, yes it lead to their second goal but it was a mistake that we should have had the firepower to cancel out. We dominated the first half and I think we would have continued that dominance into the second if we hadn't conceded, we looked completely shell shocked from the goal and a team with more experience would have shrugged it off, continued playing how they were and then come back to win.

Let me give you some details
Bentley......seems to have lost confidence not commanding box like he was.
Coker. .....his soft challenge led to their first......effort ok but poop otherwise
Prosser.......weak slow dominated.
Phillips.......worst performance I have seen from him
White......wtf has happened here. He has been superb.
Timlin.....rusty as you like
Leonard....back to being slow and cumbersome and ****
Straker.......he actually made me hate football today
Hurst......done ok
Freddy.......garbage
Youngstet on loan......ok too felt for him today
Corr........meh
Payne......small
Atkinson.......at least he looked like he remembered how to play the game a bit

I dont know what has happened here. We lookedcso good first few games and even played well in defeat of late but today was simply abject. Horrible performance. Straker was bad at Wycombe last week and carried on this week he must have played himself out of the starting 11 now.
Saying that everyone was poop. Where has that great workrate gone? we were 2nd to everything.

What worries me is how much our heads dropped off the back of what was essentially a bad mistake from Prosser, yes it lead to their second goal but it was a mistake that we should have had the firepower to cancel out. We dominated the first half and I think we would have continued that dominance into the second if we hadn't conceded, we looked completely shell shocked from the goal and a team with more experience would have shrugged it off, continued playing how they were and then come back to win.

It was a mistake by Prosser but let's not forget at 10 seconds into the half, the mistake in front of him was something he probably wasn't expecting

It was a mistake by Prosser but let's not forget at 10 seconds into the half, the mistake in front of him was something he probably wasn't expecting
I might have got Coker and Prosser mixed up, which one mis-controlled the ball on the left?

First half was flat and whilst they never threatened we never got going. Thought our goal would have kicked us into gear but their swift reply took the wind out of our sales and the early goal in the 2nd killed us. What was going on for the 3rd I have no idea, the guy had about 20 minutes without being challenged, great finish from him but was given far to much space.

As for players, though White and Hurst looked ok, Eastwood and Woodward worked hard without a lot to work with.

Straker is just frustrating, one minute showing fantastic bits of skill, then gives the ball away with a pass you think he would have to be blindfolded to have to make. He really doesnt offer any end product whatsoever and when you look at Hurst on the other wing there is a massive gulf in quality.

Corr did well when he came on with his hold up play, something we sorely missed earlier.

Overall though as a team performance it was just a massive disappointment and with 3 defeats on the trot all the optimism of the first 3 games is quickly evaporating.

Let me give you some details
Bentley......seems to have lost confidence not commanding box like he was.
Coker. .....his soft challenge led to their first......effort ok but poop otherwise
Prosser.......weak slow dominated.
Phillips.......worst performance I have seen from him
White......wtf has happened here. He has been superb.
Timlin.....rusty as you like
Leonard....back to being slow and cumbersome and ****
Straker.......he actually made me hate football today
Hurst......done ok
Freddy.......garbage
Youngstet on loan......ok too felt for him today
Corr........meh
Payne......small
Atkinson.......at least he looked like he remembered how to play the game a bit

I dont know what has happened here. We lookedcso good first few games and even played well in defeat of late but today was simply abject. Horrible performance. Straker was bad at Wycombe last week and carried on this week he must have played himself out of the starting 11 now.
Saying that everyone was poop. Where has that great workrate gone? we were 2nd to everything.

Most pointless assessment of a player in a game ever. Payne wanted the ball constantly when he came on and when he got it he did things with it, some nice passing to feet. Because he is small? What has that got to do with a players rating?

Once their player had been sent off, the ball needed to be played on the floor behind the defence into the channels because there was space in bundles. What did we do? Pumped crosses into the box so the big men could head clear every time.

Right from the hearing the line up of the team I sensed an atmosphere of confusion in the crowd and it appears also out on the field; so PB please take note; and also recognise that you CAN make subs as early as you like in a game as it was cringe making watching some of the giving away of possession and rubbish crosses (chief culprit Anthony STRAKER).

Bentley 6, did ok but didn't have a lot to do and until I see the goals again I don't know what went on for their 2nd.
White, 6 but didnt have a left back against him so had run of right side of pitch and still hanged back a lot.
Phillips. 5 not match fit, what happened for 2nd goal?
Prosser, 4 did not get in close to their players, old habits of back passes and hoof forward.
Coker, 5 worked hard but awful final ball. has his hamstring gone?
Hurst 7, good goal.
Leonard, 7 worked hard, poor final balls & rubbish couple of shots when kept leaning back.
Timlin 6, argued and got silly yellow, snapped and closed down but didn't drive forward much.
Straker 3, very poor, no finish, either crossed soft and high or soft and low.
Fred 5, interested but no service and no opportunity, lonely.
Woodlow? 5, ok but tired and seemed unaware of Fred's movement.

Subs; Atkinson 7; chased, harried, lots of energy, should have started.
BBBC, 5 couple of headers & shot that were easy(ish) saves, maybe should have had pen when they played him not ball.
Payne, 5 tried to keep ball on ground but others too tired and nothing really went right.

Ref 5, very average, allowed a lot of niggles and minor infringements but consistent.

And Sampson!!!!did NOTHING but score a cracker as per Revell, JCR, Harrold etc upon his Hall return.

Finally PB, Cocko, et al; please change a plan if it isn't working & do it quickly. If a player doesn't do it & is told, and told again then give him a rest and get someone else on.

We were playing nice football, badly. This is a marginal improvement on playing nasty football badly. It does seem that "unable to defend set pieces" is to be joined by "unable to pass the ball to a teammate".

Morecambe were an ordinary League Two side, who we should be turning over if we want to be taken seriously. At 1 up, there was only one result and then we defended like kindergarten children. We panicked, stopped doing the basics and the result was the shambles we witnessed. The only positive as far as I can see is that we kept going. Even though nothing worked we did try and get back into the game. Must do better next Friday, I expect Scunny to be a better side than Morecambe.

Most pointless assessment of a player in a game ever. Payne wanted the ball constantly when he came on and when he got it he did things with it, some nice passing to feet. Because he is small? What has that got to do with a players rating?

Once their player had been sent off, the ball needed to be played on the floor behind the defence into the channels because there was space in bundles. What did we do? Pumped crosses into the box so the big men could head clear every time.

I didnt actually mention his skill which is ok........is he small or not? sorry I didnt give such in depth analysis. Although feel free to list the assists abd goals he scored today along with chances created for others

Morecambe played to their strengths. We did not. Strange starting line up. No Atkinson or Corr from the start. A bad mistake.

I didnt actually mention his skill which is ok........is he small or not? sorry I didnt give such in depth analysis. Although feel free to list the assists abd goals he scored today along with chances created for others

On your analysis you may as well say:

Bentley..Tall
Prosser...Tall
Phillips....Tall
Straker....Black
Corr....Tall
Hurst...Blond
etc
etc

Horrible today. Until we scored the game was dull and boring with 0-0 written all over it. I certainly didn't see a 3-1 scoreline to either side coming.

We played this passing game in our own half very nicely and in areas that didn't hurt the opposition. This is exactly what we used to do when Mike Marsh was here and it is rubbish. It achieves absolutely nothing and we aren't good enough to do it consistently.

Straker was poor but it's unfair to lump the blame on him for all the crosses. Coker, Leonard and White also put in crosses that were too deep, too short, to no-one or out of play. It was woeful.

For the second week running we were outrun, outmuscled, outworked and outpressed. Any strong side with that work ethic will beat us, simples. We are looking extremely one paced and lightweight.

Ratings

Bentley - 6 - No chance with the goals but not commanding at all.

White - 6 - Average performance, distribution not up to scratch.
Coker - 5 - Worst performance I have seen from him.
Phillips - 5 - Battled but clearly not 100%
Prosser - 5 - Worst performance this season and is not dominant enough.

Straker - 5 - Fractionally better than last week
Timlin - 5 - Good to see him back but rusty and ineffective
Leonard - 6 - Struggled at times
Hurst - 7 - MOM - Pick of midfield

Eastwood - 6 - No service, caught with ball on occasion
Woodrow - 5 - Clearly bedding in and needs to build an understanding

Subs -

Corr - 6 - At least gave us an aerial presence
Payne - 6 - Tried to get stuff going but didn't always come off
Atkinson - 6.5 - Improved things a little when he came on

Back