• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheeky little corner, they've tried to do it a few times but the referees haven't allowed it for some reason!

Typical Freddy goal.
Typical Grant goal aswell actually. Has he scored a crap one?

Unbelievable tekkers.

Granty doesn't get many but they're certainly special when they do come along.

Freddys assist was awesome. Double step over to send the defenders scuttling and a great pass, followed by a great finish by Granty.

Whilst watching the highlights of our game, I looked at all the other's too. There is mention that Torquay are 'out on ther feet'

and Martin Ling says they are running on pure adrenelin.

Talk of Oxford says they are running out of steam.

Crawley finding it difficult to field a fit eleven.

With Torquay down to ten yesterday with a sending off, and with some of their players not fit enough to train, you never know if we might sneak a victory this coming weekend. Pressure of the situation...maybe that 3rd spot isn't impossible.

Yes, I know..blind optimism. But being a shimper for 46 years, I'vealways had it.

Whilst watching the highlights of our game, I looked at all the other's too. There is mention that Torquay are 'out on ther feet'

With Torquay down to ten yesterday with a sending off, and with some of their players not fit enough to train, you never know if we might sneak a victory this coming weekend. Pressure of the situation...maybe that 3rd spot isn't impossible.

Yes, I know..blind optimism. But being a shimper for 46 years, I'vealways had it.

A win on Saturday and 3 points behind Torquay, we could then be above them on Friday if we beat Barnet. It is possible, and I have a feeling that Torquay may slip out the auto places, however we also need one of Crawley and Shrewsbury to slip up and with their game in hand, it isn't going to happen.

I agree never say never is part and parcel of supporting The Blues for around the same amouint of time as you!! Lets hope and pray but at the end of the day it is up to the team to do the business on the pitch.

A win on Saturday and 3 points behind Torquay, we could then be above them on Friday if we beat Barnet. It is possible, and I have a feeling that Torquay may slip out the auto places, however we also need one of Crawley and Shrewsbury to slip up and with their game in hand, it isn't going to happen.

Agree with you there Shrewsbury have a fairly easy last few games and always seem to grind out the 1.0 win. Creepy with Steve coppel going there will find new impedes I'm sure.
If we do have to settle for the playoffs would it suit us to play the away leg at the weekend to take more support , if so in what postions among the playoff four would we need to finish??

Agree with you there Shrewsbury have a fairly easy last few games and always seem to grind out the 1.0 win. Creepy with Steve coppel going there will find new impedes I'm sure.
If we do have to settle for the playoffs would it suit us to play the away leg at the weekend to take more support , if so in what postions among the playoff four would we need to finish??

4th or 5th place I think are away 1st leg on the Saturday or Sunday.

4th or 5th place I think are away 1st leg on the Saturday or Sunday.
Cheers for that, well if things stay the way they are we would travel to Cheltham at the weekend and have them back here during the week where we would surely still have a portion of the NB. as they would be unlikely to bring enough to fill it. Worst cenario would be have Oxford here at the weekend I would think.

Great goal - also 2 bits of quailty form the kid ( Billy Knott ) I was saying Southend should of got in over Xmas , done well in teh 30 mins before he pulled up with an injury . tricky winger with an eye for goal . Still think we should try and get him before the bigger boys ( Charlton , West Ham etc get hold of him ) .

Back