• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Post your ratings and match reports here.

Super Barry Corr a 10?

Friday night games a mare for me...................however, excellent result , clean sheet...eee I eee I oh, up the football league we go :smile:

Everyone gets a nine out of ten and Barry gets a star man award for 98 minutes of working his socks off and bossing Cressie. Bentley showed what a good keeper should do and was faultless. New bloke at centre back looked a must start for the rest of the time he is with us. A really enjoyable game, two passing teams and also a consistent & sound ref.:omg:

Bentley - 8 Did everything right
Coker - 8 Not a foot wrong
White - 8 See above
Phillips - 7 Solid but some dodgy passes first 20 mins
Kearnan - 9 MOM Awesome. What a find. reads the game, wins everything, commanding at the back
Clifford - 9 Proper terrier with 110% commitment
Leonard - 8 Worked hard, sat deep and controlled the midfield
Atkinson - 8 Solid hard working. Works well in the middle with Leonard and Clifford
Hurst - 8 Another good performance. Great cross for Corr's first goal
Woodrow - 8 Ran the channels/wings well and never gave up. Some good skill
Corr - 9 Did everything well, held the ball up, scored 2 goals

Subs

Eastwood - No time to judge, made 2 odd passes
Straker - 7 Did well when he came on, some lovely passing in the corner with Coker to frustrate Fleetwood

Cresswell - Moaned constantly to the ref, how he didn't booked

Honourable mention to their 18 Sarcevic. What a complete bellend. Constant shirt pulling, niggly fouls. Needed to be booked.

All in all a great display. Every player gave their all tonight, every time Fleetwood had a sniff of goal, a Blue shirt threw themselves in the firing line to block the shot. Great team performance tonight.

I like the way the team is set up with the 3 in the middle, Leonard just sitting deeper and Atkinson and Clifford taking turns to make runs into the box. Works very well with the players we are using

Last edited:
I thought everything about tonight was really positive.
The work ethic of the whole team , but especially the midfield , was superb.
We chased Fleetwood down at every opportunity and never let them settle.
The atmosphere was brilliant and thought TBV did a great job in the West , even prompting the East to join in on a number of occasions ( yes really they did ).
I actually thought everyone had a really good game tonight , but if I had to pick a few out , I would say Coker , Kiernan , Leonard , Bentley and some bloke we had up front whose name I can't remember......
I would have added Phillips to that list , but in the first half he gave 3 or 4 awful passes , which Prosser would have been slaughtered for , so for me , he fell just a bit behind those 5 mentioned.
Yes , we dropped off them in the second half and gave them a bit more space , but all in all , tonight was top class in all respects.
So for any of you fans that are staying away , but wonder if you should come back , please do.
We may not have a huge squad , but what we do have is heart , passion and a desire to at least try to play the game in a decent fashion.
If you haven't been since last season , give it a try , I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
I'm off to bed now very happy and may even show interest in what my wife says tomorrow.
Life is good.
Life is orange.

Bentley - 8 - this lad just claims everything, looks so confident and is going places for sure
white - 7 - solid
Phillips - 6/7 - reasonably solid but some really dodgy passes first half!
coker - 8 - very impressive offensive and defensive
atkinson - 6/7 - had a quiet first half but won the pen and was solid second half
leonard - 8 - legs that never tire, battles, win, cracking to think he was just a kid RB when we signed him
Clifford - 8 - MAN CRUSH ALERT! Cracking player! All over the place! Battles hard and has a hell of a long shot
Hurst - 7 - great cross for the first goal
woodrow - 7 - played well, out wide but still was impressed with his defensive work
BBBC - 9 MOTM - won absolutely everything in the air, two goals, GOD IS BACK!

Dilema.. How can you drop either Leonard or Clifford for laird when he returns?!?

Thats more like it !!

We reduced a good footballing side to to bring on 2 giants and hoof it up to them to try and get something out of us. Hard work and effort across the team tonight, Kiernan and Phillips look a solid partnership, midfield battled like their lives depended on it and Fleetwood could not break us down got frustrated and resorted to hoofball.
Great result, now revenge needed Tuesday with more of the same.

White - 8 See above
Kearnan - 9 MOM Awesome. What a find. reads the game, wins everything, commanding at the back
Clifford - 9 Proper terrier with 110% commitment
Atkinson - 8 Solid hard working. Works well in the middle with Leonard and Clifford
Clifford - 8 Ran the channels/wings well and never gave up. Some good skill

Subs

Straker - 7 Did well when he came on, some lovely passing in the corner with Coker to frustrate Fleetwood

Honourable mention to their 18 Sarcevic. What a complete bellend. Constant shirt pulling, niggly fouls. Needed to be booked.

All in all a great display. Every player gave their all tonight, every time Fleetwood had a sniff of goal, a Blue shirt threw themselves in the firing line to block the shot. Great team performance tonight.

I like the way the team is set up with the 3 in the middle, Leonard just sitting deeper and Atkinson and Clifford taking turns to make runs into the box. Works very well with the players we are using

I think your second 'Clifford' should be Woodrow DWB.

White - 8 See above
Clifford - 9 Proper terrier with 110% commitment:unsure:
Clifford - 8 Ran the channels/wings well and never gave up. Some good skill

Subs

All in all a great display. Every player gave their all tonight, every time Fleetwood had a sniff of goal, a Blue shirt threw we in the firing line to block the shot. Great team performance tonight.

Totally agree with most of this, especially Kiernan. However Woodrow didn't really do much so I would give a 6 and I thought Phillips was good in the air but poor on the ground. Again, a 6.

But Kiernan was incredible with his positional play and communication. As you say, awesome.

What I liked about tonight's performance, was that there was no one stand out player. I thought they all worked their buns off for the team and knew their roles really well. Very professional job. Well done, lads.

Bentley 8...Looks very confident at the moment. He's going to become a top keeper.
White 7.5...No frills. Does his job.
Coker 8...Did well. Got forward. Tackled and headed well.
Phillips 7..A few sloppy passes, but defends well.
Kiernan 8.5...A real find. Looked strong and reads the game well.
Clifford 8..A little terrier. Didn't let them settle
Atkinson 7.5..Clever player. Reads the game. Knows when to press and when to sit. Blends with Lenny
Leonard 8...Gets better and better. Was everywhere tonight.
Woodrow 7...Fairly quiet, but did his job
Hurst 8.5...MOTM Loves getting crosses in early, which is what BBBC wants. Top performance.
BBBC..8...Took his chances well. Great workrate.

Subs : Straker 7.. Used his pace, and his brain in the last seconds to take it into the corner.
Freddy. 7..Not on long. Had one blocked shot.

I've had a couple of beers tonight and all I can think of typing is ............ let's hope for more of the same on Tuesday. :thumbsup:

A large rest for Freddie this evening only adds to the time for him to strengthen his hamstring. :thumbsup:

Echo what everyone else has said. First class team performance by all of them against arguably the best side we have played this season. First 20 mins worried me somewhat, their passing was crisp and attacking play positive. However, once Clifford, Atkinson and Leonard got to grips with the midfield there was only one team going to win this match. Hurst brilliant again and another assist from a superb cross. Every player worked their socks off and got their reward. Defence a little shaky at first but then solid with the Phillips/Kiernan partnership working well. Both white and Coker defended strongly and supported well going forward. Corr and Woodrow non stop running. A brilliant night, brilliant result but we must follow it up on Tuesday and not waste these three points. Utb

After a few pints just back for quick a read before bed. A rare friday night smile on my face...
I thought Fleetwood were a very decent side, and despite looking a bit creaky at the back have what it takes to get promotion this season; so this was a good test for us; and one we passed with flying colours. We harried them and battled them and made them make mistakes across the park; and end up going back to a very nervous goalkeeper many times. Cresswell looked good in the air but we made him look quite ordinary with the ball on the floor..

There was a great deal to be positive about. Kiernan was imperious in the air all game. Clifford was my man of the match; Hurst put in some beautiful crosses; and Lenny and Atkinson supported brilliantly in midfield. Corr in my opinion was fortunate to get MOM but did exactly what was asked from him in difficult circumstances against a good side. He needed those goals. Oh and Bentley.. Blimey. Commanding performance.. Special mention for Coker also who was excellent.

What I liked most was the heart; and the organisation. I have learnt to take every game at a time now but things look rosy in the camp right now. 5 unbeaten, 3 league wins on the bounce with 3 clean sheets. Didnt think we would be looking at that when we slipped up and faced Oxford, Burton and Fleetwood next.

Bet your bottom dollar though we mess it up against Daggers on Tuesday. Thats Southend for you.

Well we bossed the apparent second best team in the league so a great result. We did however try to give them a few goals in the first half via bad passes, bad positioning and being caught a man short. Second half all of the mentioned mistakes were ironed out and we were left with a overall brilliant performance.

Bentley 7 breaths confidence. Good handling, should have been punished when he parried straight back to their striker.

White 7 no nonsense and decent link up with hurst
Phillips 6 bad first half better second half
Kiernan 8 very composed and strong in the air.
Coker 7.5 caught out of position in first half a fair bit but he has quality.

Hurst 8 good crossing and wide play, energy matched the rest of his team mates
Atkinson 7.5 went through quiet spells but he is such a skillful operator, won the pen when we were looking tired which we very much needed.
Clifford 8 great engine, good shooting and fits this system well.
Leonard 8.5 typical Lenny performance, his energy is contagious at the moment.
Woodrow 7.5 ran himself into the ground and needed to be subbed. Done a good job.

Corr 8.5 won the battle!! Needed them goals

Straker 6.5, cresswell 6, fans 7, ref 7

We needed subs earlier and if we didn't get the pen we may have been punished as we were being penned in. With a game on Tuesday I was disappointed brown didn't take the chance to freshen the players up when needed.

Bring on the revenge match on Tuesday!!

After a few pints just back for quick a read before bed.

thats what I did :smile:

A rare friday night smile on my face...

thats what happened to me
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

This league is just crazy, maybe its just the calibre of players and the lack of consistency but it genuinely seems that one team can beat any other on any given day.

the normal fears about our future and our current manager prevail, but you cant argue with a good result and taking things week by week really is the only way to deal with supporting the blues right now.

UTB

I've had a couple of beers tonight and all I can think of typing is ............ let's hope for more of the same on Tuesday. :thumbsup:

A large rest for Freddie this evening only adds to the time for him to strengthen his hamstring. :thumbsup:

Freddie limped off.. or thats what I thought.... hope he is ok

Back