• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yep, and they only started singing it AFTER our lot sang it at them. It was the classic taking the intended "insult" that they'd heard for years and embracing it nullifying the intended result. Same way Tottenham have done with the "yiddo" chant.
Hearing aid ordered :thumbsup:

How you can defend the tweet is beyond me.

I'm sure someone as opinionated as yourself would soon be moaning if the comment was about an anti IRA comment , should work both ways.

I will support Deegan the player but have zero respect for him as a man. Why people in the public spotlight continue to post cr@p on social media (then recall it) I'll never understand. Should act as a role model, gutted to read this article tonight.

Irish humour. I hear similar on a weekly basis. I doubt it was a demonstration of serious Pro-Republican sentiment and suspect it was more likely he misjudged how a lot of British people still feel about things.

can anyone answer a simple question please, from my seat i the family stand I could see a Portsmouth fan wearing what look like a red swimsuit and blond hair(maybe a wig).......was this true or was it my bad eyesight

can anyone answer a simple question please, from my seat i the family stand I could see a Portsmouth fan wearing what look like a red swimsuit and blond hair(maybe a wig).......was this true or was it my bad eyesight

You're having those dodgy dreams again I reckon

My wife and kids asked me who the bloke was in the swimsuit they saw when they dropped me off. I didn't have a clue what they were talking about till now...

My wife and kids asked me who the bloke was in the swimsuit they saw when they dropped me off. I didn't have a clue what they were talking about till now...
I'd be worried that my wife and kids thought I might know him :smile:

so it wasn't my bad eyes and not in my dreams it looked like someone was dressed up like Pam Anderson out of Baywatch............thank the Lord for Jam mans family proving I wasn't going insane

Yeah we saw him walking down Victoria avenue and in in the north stand. He was just dressed up as a women - it was pretty obvious he was the stag of a stag do to me, or lost a bet.

Irish humour. I hear similar on a weekly basis. I doubt it was a demonstration of serious Pro-Republican sentiment and suspect it was more likely he misjudged how a lot of British people still feel about things.

I beg to differ, if I made humorous jokes about famines and Potatoes I'm sure it would be a different story. Can't see how anything IRA related can be humour!!!!!

I beg to differ, if I made humorous jokes about famines and Potatoes I'm sure it would be a different story. Can't see how anything IRA related can be humour!!!!!

An Irishman joking with another Irishman about their own country. I assume they were also mates. What's wrong with that?

Plenty of English people make those jokes. It would be my stock response to an IRA comment.

There's an entire scene in I'm Alan Partridge in which Partridge stereotypes the entire Irish nation as being toothless simpleton, fussy-eater terrorists.

Back