• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another season in the Championship at Roots Hall isn't good though, we're so restricted. PB is doing his job as you've asked, RM, get the new stadium sorted. We won't survive without a new ground.

Another season in the Championship at Roots Hall isn't good though, we're so restricted. PB is doing his job as you've asked, RM, get the new stadium sorted. We won't survive without a new ground.

I don't think Superman could build it in 8 months!

Fantastic first half from the team but I have to single out Fortune today. What a performance! 35 years old, ran the whole game and was still annoyed at being subbed off at the end. Showed some great touches and hold up play aswell. My clear MOTM.

Another good performance and 3 points, let's keep it going!

Unfortunately this is true. Momentum can get you through a season punching above your weight but to become established in the championship we need the right facilities and an average 12k / 14k-plus home gate which I think we'd get in a new modern ground. It's not that long ago Reading were like us. Look at them now. They have to be our bench-mark. I'm sure RM is trying to make it happen but if he fails again you can't see us lasting any more than a year or two tops in the Championship should we get there.

Unfortunately this is true. Momentum can get you through a season punching above your weight but to become established in the championship we need the right facilities and an average 12k / 14k-plus home gate which I think we'd get in a new modern ground. It's not that long ago Reading were like us. Look at them now. They have to be our bench-mark. I'm sure RM is trying to make it happen but if he fails again you can't see us lasting any more than a year or two tops in the Championship should we get there.

I totally agree and I do believe we have enough quality to get promoted this season. I look at our promotion season under Tilly and the first 15 are far better than those glory days. I would expect those sort of crowds along with good facilities, people want comfort now days.

Yes he was excellent. I also thought Lenny was immense today. Ran his socks off, tracked back, pushed forward, got a (slightly lucky) assist and thought he picked us up when we looked a bit shaky at beginning of second half

A 3-0 win is a 3-0 win. 11 games unbeaten (after our start) is nothing short of amazing.
New stadiums, new signings, new facilities? For another day.
Celebrate the here and now. Bloody brilliant job Shrimpers!

****ing hell. People moaning about us not being in a stable enough position for the Championship. Enjoy it whilst it lasts chaps/ess. My last game for a few months but my flight back is already booked for the PO final date. Next Pre-match pint...Green man. Onwards.

****ing hell. People moaning about us not being in a stable enough position for the Championship. Enjoy it whilst it lasts chaps/ess. My last game for a few months but my flight back is already booked for the PO final date. Next Pre-match pint...Green man. Onwards.

I'm not moaning, I'm stating a fact. We lasted one season last time around at Roots Hall. Would you want relegation again after one season and back to league two? We have something here to build on, that's my point, keep the momentum going.

I'm not moaning, I'm stating a fact. We lasted one season last time around at Roots Hall. Would you want relegation again after one season and back to league two? We have something here to build on, that's my point, keep the momentum going.

You only go down one league when you get relegated?

First half was absolutely superb. Second less so but defended well and got the job done with ease. Ref was not great in our favour but given the "amazing fans living a fairytale" rubbish the Wimbledon lot spout in the media, their following was woeful. Didn't have the best view of the second yellow for their striker but both seemed deserved. We were deadly on the counter attack, their attack was League 1 quality but defence was League 2 stuff.

Smith 8 His best game yet, few saves to actually make but he did superbly when needed.
Demetriou 8.5 Top class in the first half, solid defending in the second.
Thompson 8 Calm and composed throughout, better every time I see him.
Ferdinand 8 Leader in defence and was solid from start to finish.
Timlin 8 First half he didn't lose a tackle and was worthy of a higher score, second he was sloppy in possession.
Atkinson 8 Didn't stop running as always and very effective.
Leonard 6 Worst I've seen Lenny play in years, nothing seemed to come off for him, even if we scored from his long throw thanks to some awful defending.
Wordsworth 7 Not massively better than Lenny, struggled to influence the game.
McLaughlin 7.5 Started well with his runs down the line but looked tired later on and was a bit lazy defensively at times.
Cox 9 Two quality finishes and all round play was superb.
Fortune 9 Held play up brilliantly and was a real physical force, great vision too. Shame he lost it at the end.

Subs
McGlashan - No time to make an impact

Great display from the team today against a poor Wimbledon side. Nearing half time I was a little concerned by how many chances we had failed to take but the second goal made the difference. Second half was an entirely different story but both were good halves in different ways. Plenty to be very excited about.

PO final, leave it out! We are never going to get promoted from that, keep dreaming!

We're clearly going to get promoted automatically :winking:

Fantastic first half from the team but I have to single out Fortune today. What a performance! 35 years old, ran the whole game and was still annoyed at being subbed off at the end. Showed some great touches and hold up play aswell. My clear MOTM.

Another good performance and 3 points, let's keep it going!

To be fair the management team did the right thing in bringing him off as he was still boiling with anger and wanted to get to the opposition player that decked him just before our 3rd goal. Had it not been for Thompson wrestling with him to keep him away whilst the goal celebrations were going on MAF would probably done enough to get himself a red rather than the yellow.

Back