• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Southend United boss Kevin Maher on his pursuit of new signings - and other 2022 rumours or inside info

I0HD5trp

As it's about all three recent signings, thought it best to put this here:

WHAT IS GOING ON? We've signed three players, in positions we need. Two for money. And they are about 24/25. As in the right age range. And seem to be quite good.

What's going on???

Example is Davies - he is supposed to be excellent at crossing the ball (amongst other things football wise), and then we sign a 6'3" centre forward ! Who likes getting on the end of crosses!

What is this joined up thinking???

Going for a lie down...

As it's about all three recent signings, thought it best to put this here:

WHAT IS GOING ON? We've signed three players, in positions we need. Two for money. And they are about 24/25. As in the right age range. And seem to be quite good.

What's going on???

Example is Davies - he is supposed to be excellent at crossing the ball (amongst other things football wise), and then we sign a 6'3" centre forward ! Who likes getting on the end of crosses!

What is this joined up thinking???

Going for a lie down...
Great post.

I confess to being a little concerned. Do the club not respect the damage they are doing to the hearts of fans when they bring out several bits of good news in one week? I can feel the increased pumping in my chest. Just as Southend turn a corner they lose half of their fan base with heart attacks.

Well done to SC, KM, DC and MB. Did I say well done to SC? Yes I did. I had reservations but he appears to have proved his worth thus far. Keep it up SC!

A mention for RM. The beleaguered chairman has made the improvements possible. Has someone gagged the Ron Out Brigade? Yes RM has. Well done.

I confess to being a little concerned. Do the club not respect the damage they are doing to the hearts of fans when they bring out several bits of good news in one week? I can feel the increased pumping in my chest. Just as Southend turn a corner they lose half of their fan base with heart attacks.

Well done to SC, KM, DC and MB. Did I say well done to SC? Yes I did. I had reservations but he appears to have proved his worth thus far. Keep it up SC!

A mention for RM. The beleaguered chairman has made the improvements possible. Has someone gagged the Ron Out Brigade? Yes RM has. Well done.
Was that your chest or the warchest pumping and if it was the latter, did you know where it was all along❓

What about JS and TL? ;)

Kev, Darren, Benno and Stan, I doff my cap gents. The kind of recruitment we’ve wanted and needed for so long. Exciting young players who are on their way up and have re-sale value.

Kensdale, Lopata, Davies, Brunt, Neal, Husin and Cardwell.

??
Not to forget John Still, who Husin name checks as the one who got in contact with him, so you’d think it’s likely he’s the one who spotted him (or one of his scouts).

I wonder if John Still hadn't been bought in by Kev, whether Noor would have rocked up at Daggers, or if he would have seen that as a big enough step up......still (see what I did there!), irrelevent now I am glad to say.

Back