• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Kevin Maher sets targets for rest of the season

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher will not allow his side to ease off during the remainder of the season.

The 11th placed Shrimpers head to Solihull Moors on Tuesday night sitting eight points above the relegation zone and 10 points below the play-offs with six games to go.

But Maher remains eager to finish the campaign strongly.

“We want to win as many games as possible and that starts against Solihull,” said Maher.

“It’s still so tight in the league below us that we need to keep on picking up points.

“Everyone needs to perform and we won’t let up in terms of standards and what we expect from people.

“If you don’t perform there are people waiting to take your shirt now.”

Blues head to the ARMCO Arena unbeaten in their past 10 games.

But Maher is expecting a tough test against Solihull who sit fourth in the National League standings.

“The job Andy (Whing) has done there has been very, very good since he came in,” said Maher.

“They’re up there in the play-offs but of course we wouldn’t be far off with without the deduction.

“It’s a game we’re looking forward to and they’re a good side so we will have to perform well to take something from it.

“I know they have one or two injury problems themselves but I think all teams do at this stage of the season.”

Tonight’s match was hastily rearranged by the National League after the two teams had agreed to schedule the rearranged fixture later on in the season.

And Maher is saddened supporters may well be forced to miss out on the game.

"We’ll be ready but it’s short notice for the fans," said Maher.

"I know we’ll still take a good crowd but some will miss out because of the late scheduling which is disappointing for them.

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher will not allow his side to ease off during the remainder of the season.

The 11th placed Shrimpers head to Solihull Moors on Tuesday night sitting eight points above the relegation zone and 10 points below the play-offs with six games to go.

“We want to win as many games as possible and that starts against Solihull,” said Maher.

“It’s still so tight in the league below us that we need to keep on picking up points.

“Everyone needs to perform and we won’t let up in terms of standards and what we expect from people.

But Maher is expecting a tough test against Solihull who sit fourth in the National League standings.

“The job Andy (Whing) has done there has been very, very good since he came in,” said Maher.

“They’re up there in the play-offs but of course we wouldn’t be far off with without the deduction.

“It’s a game we’re looking forward to and they’re a good side so we will have to perform well to take something from it.

“I know they have one or two injury problems themselves but I think all teams do at this stage of the season.”

Tonight’s match was hastily rearranged by the National League after the two teams had agreed to schedule the rearranged fixture later on in the season.

"I know we’ll still take a good crowd but some will miss out because of the late scheduling which is disappointing for them.
Thanks for this. I just can’t bring myself to click on Echo website links anymore, the ad pop ups make the site unusable.

I absolutely do NOT want a “foolproof remedy for vaginal dryness”, “get a solar driveway (wtf!?) fitted” or to “date 40 something Ukrainian women in my area”🤬 👎

Thanks for this. I just can’t bring myself to click on Echo website links anymore, the ad pop ups make the site unusable.

I absolutely do NOT want a “foolproof remedy for vaginal dryness”, “get a solar driveway (wtf!?) fitted” or to “date 40 something Ukrainian women in my area”🤬 👎
You sure?

He gets funnier and funnier….thought you took your foot off the gas from Oxford City onwards…..would have been so easy top 7 with a bit of ambition, oh no let’s never shoot on goal or give the forwards any service. Can see next year being exactly the same under him!

He gets funnier and funnier….thought you took your foot off the gas from Oxford City onwards…..would have been so easy top 7 with a bit of ambition, oh no let’s never shoot on goal or give the forwards any service. Can see next year being exactly the same under him!
See you at Solihull :Hilarious:

I absolutely do NOT want a “foolproof remedy for vaginal dryness”, “get a solar driveway (wtf!?) fitted” or to “date 40 something Ukrainian women in my area” 👎

That's an awful lot of Ukrainian women to date at one go. Could I spread them out a bit, maybe over a long weekend?

...but think of the good you'll be doing by recommending a foolproof remedy to Ukrainians.
That said, I think they've got more pressing worries right now.

Let's not mention that the ads would be targeted ads based on your own Internet habits...

Back