• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Sol Campbell wants remaining matches to be played

Bundesliga are looking to recommence in May. All 18 teams are back in training whilst following health guidelines.

"We all want to finish the season and you don’t know what law suits might come around if we don’t".
Really?
From who, Sol?
If the season doesn't finish, I don't think anyone is going to sue Southend.
And 'we ALL want'? Your boss doesn't for a start!
The only way Blues remain a League One cub is when the season is voided.
Strange comments; the guess that is starting in October surely means finishing in July 2021?
Hmmm...

Bundesliga are looking to recommence in May. All 18 teams are back in training whilst following health guidelines.
Apparently, German players are required to keep a distance of 1.5 metres to 2 metres apart and tackling is off the agenda.
Because Germany has a federal system each club applied to its own state for permission to resume - that ain't gonna happen here, and there are those in German power unhappy at the resumption.

Last edited:
"We all want to finish the season and you don’t know what law suits might come around if we don’t".
Really?
From who, Sol?
If the season doesn't finish, I don't think anyone is going to sue Southend.
I don’t think he’s referencing Southend in any lawsuits - more a wider reference to the ‘game’. If a decision was taken NOT to finish the season, I’d see lawsuits from injured parties as inevitable and 100% predictable since there is no equitable way to finish a season early and no rules in place for doing so.

Season should finish as it is. We go down, Liverpol are Prem champions, and whoever is in the right/wrong places go up or down - all cups are voided. Swathes of people are dying everyday. 22 men kicking around a plastic ball is not important.

If clubs want to sue then it just shows how utterly out of touch they are and I hope the public mood acknowledges this.

Season should finish as it is. We go down, Liverpol are Prem champions, and whoever is in the right/wrong places go up or down - all cups are voided. Swathes of people are dying everyday. 22 men kicking around a plastic ball is not important.

If clubs want to sue then it just shows how utterly out of touch they are and I hope the public mood acknowledges this.
Difficult to argue against a moral high ground argument and based on things as they are right now, of course you’re right.

But when this is all past (and it will eventually be behind us) football will revert as quickly as it can to what as it was. That will be the time to make decisions and any decisions taken AT THAT TIME will correctly be challenged on equitable and acceptable grounds.

As of right now, yeah. It doesn’t matter. But Sol was asked a question and that’s what the thread is about.

I couldn’t care either way, if we play the games we go down, and we deserve to go down and it’ll more than likely be a good thing for our younger players, if we don’t play the games we should stay up which means another season in league one with half decent crowds and much better away stadiums :Clap:

I don’t think he’s referencing Southend in any lawsuits - more a wider reference to the ‘game’. If a decision was taken NOT to finish the season, I’d see lawsuits from injured parties as inevitable and 100% predictable since there is no equitable way to equitable way to finish a season early and no rules in place for doing so.
...which is why anyone considering a suit is wasting their time if the season is voided.
It would be the same for everyone. And in a case of force majeure, even Liverpool would have a hard time winning a civil case.
By the way, imagining suing the people who run the game and forcing them to the wall?
I think that's what they call a pyrrhic victory.

I couldn’t care either way, if we play the games we go down, and we deserve to go down and it’ll more than likely be a good thing for our younger players, if we don’t play the games we should stay up which means another season in league one with half decent crowds and much better away stadiums :Clap:

We will have even better crowds when we are top of L2 with a home grown youngest squad in all 4 divisions.

I guess the 3 options are void the season, play the remainder or end as is now.

I really dont want it voided as i think there are more implications then, yes FM would prove hard to overturn but what happens on FFP, transfers and other spends, they have to void that as clubs could be massively in trouble.

End the season as now and play the playoffs as and when would be fine surely? Or play the season in July if that is what is possible (think UEFA said this the other day)

either way not everyone will be pleased i guess

Playing to empty stadiums .....with the possibility crowds not allowed back in till next year.......mind you Col U have already tried that for many seasons
I think having to extend contracts beyond June 30 with more cost, bringing players and staff off furlough more cost, hosting games at empty stadiums still yet more cost and with zero revenue, would see the EFL finally consigning to administration a large number of clubs. Madness. Maybe be thats the secret goal of their dithering and delay- that they want to get rid of a division of teams..

...which is why anyone considering a suit is wasting their time if the season is voided.
It would be the same for everyone. And in a case of force majeure, even Liverpool would have a hard time winning a civil case.
By the way, imagining suing the people who run the game and forcing them to the wall?
I think that's what they call a pyrrhic victory.

The interesting facet to all of this discussion about using the courts is that this is another example of a very few individuals (barristers and judges) being given the "rights" to decide how our game ends the season. Why should that be? How is that the way forward? Are they fans? Do they even know the offside rule?

We are moving to a situation where so many aspects of our lives are being governed by judges and courts instead of people talking and coming to comprimises. I do wonder where this will end and instead of "justice" whether this is in reality a further erosion of democracy and freedom in this country.

EFL have said no training before May 16th
I believe they've also quoted 56 days needed to complete the season probably behind closed doors
On that basis the earliest season completion would be end of July if you work on the basis 3 weeks training.

We will have even better crowds when we are top of L2 with a home grown youngest squad in all 4 divisions.
It’ll be a big ask for our youngsters to be top of league two, possible if we had the right mix of youth with experience, league two away support coming to roots hall is alway poor, I can remember last time in league two, a very big difference.

Back