• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United charged by FA for failure to control players vs Wealdstone

There's some actul football news below (if anyone wants to comment on it). :Winking:

Shrimpers charged by Football Association​

Southend United charged by Football Association​

25 mins ago
SOUTHEND UNITED FC
FOOTBALL
SPORT

By Chris Phillips@cjphillips1982Chief sports reporter
0 Comments
Charged - Southend United (Image: Focus Images)

SOUTHEND United have been charged by the Football Association for surrounding a match official.
The Shrimpers confronted referee Gary Parsons before he showed Wealdstone midfielder Nathan Ferguson a straight red card for his challenge on Cav Miley.
And Blues have now been punished for their actions.
An FA statement confirmed: “It is alleged that in or around the 51st minute of the fixture, Southend United FC failed to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or do not behave in a way which is improper.
“Southend United FC admit the charge and elect a paper hearing.”
Blues have been fined £2,250 for their behaviour and Wealdstone have also been handed the same punishment.
The Shrimpers have now been charged three times for failing to control their players in the same season.
Kevin Maher’s side were fined £2,000 for confronting the match official against Barnet in March having previously been fined £1,800 for clashing with Woking last October.

From memory it was Demi who got straight in the refs ear for the Ferguson red.

Shame we didn't surround the ref at home to Wrexham and not let him near the Lino. Or the clear red v Barnet or either of the two deliberate saves with a hand and an arm v Torquay.......We would have made the play-offs.

The officials have made a rod for their own back. Those that don't dive or get in the refs ear get no reward......Plus cheats are never fined by the FA.

From memory it was Demi who got straight in the refs ear for the Ferguson red.

Shame we didn't surround the ref at home to Wrexham and not let him near the Lino. Or the clear red v Barnet or either of the two deliberate saves with a hand and an arm v Torquay.......We would have made the play-offs.

The officials have made a rod for their own back. Those that don't dive or get in the refs ear get no reward......Plus cheats are never fined by the FA.
We did for that one, and got fined for it as well :Smile:

We did for that one, and got fined for it as well :Smile:
That was my point.....Too late to learn our lesson.

On another thread Colin got the blame for both goals at Eastleigh. First goal we never stood over the ball or kicked it away when that now appears to no longer be a yellow. They had taken quick free kick from almost the same place earlier. As for the second, the cheapest free kick awarded this season. Then Kensdale turns sedeways (yes he has improved a lot) and it deflects past Colin......Yet some blame him.

Even the Wrexham away goal....At least let the ref think he owes us a 'balancer' if the goal stands. I must have counted at least 10 direct goal bound shots blocked with arms or hands outside the line of the body with half our team mildly appealing and the rest unmoved.

Over the season we finished better than we started, even the crowd did its Job for the Sandat and Bridge earned penalties in the same game. But its an area the Amigos need to work on. Other teams and refs need to know we are winners and you can't take the p***.

If we can also at least test the keeper from direct free kicks and not hit the first man with a corner......The squad we have now could easily finish 5th without the mythical 20 a season lad we all want up front.

With new owners then b******s to a 'consolidation season'......Top 3 is the target. Even if we missed out then the whole club would know what it takes to win it the following season.

On another thread Colin got the blame for both goals at Eastleigh. First goal we never stood over the ball or kicked it away when that now appears to no longer be a yellow. They had taken quick free kick from almost the same place earlier. As for the second, the cheapest free kick awarded this season. Then Kensdale turns sedeways (yes he has improved a lot) and it deflects past Colin......Yet some blame him.

Even the Wrexham away goal....At least let the ref think he owes us a 'balancer' if the goal stands. I must have counted at least 10 direct goal bound shots blocked with arms or hands outside the line of the body with half our team mildly appealing and the rest unmoved.

Over the season we finished better than we started, even the crowd did its Job for the Sandat and Bridge earned penalties in the same game. But its an area the Amigos need to work on. Other teams and refs need to know we are winners and you can't take the p***.

If we can also at least test the keeper from direct free kicks and not hit the first man with a corner......The squad we have now could easily finish 5th without the mythical 20 a season lad we all want up front.

With new owners then b******s to a 'consolidation season'......Top 3 is the target. Even if we missed out then the whole club would know what it takes to win it the following season.
I would like to see my pal riggers join the management team. We need more of this.

Sadly, Demi thinks it's a key part of his game to p*ss off/get in the face of the ref at least twice per game.

I was with you until I read “10 shots goal bound”

I was with you until I read “10 shots goal bound”

Yes due to case of group shot shy syndrome and totally frustrating extra touches or another needless pass we only managed about 12 accurate shots from outside the box all season......Many of those were 'saved' by defenders who spread themselves like keepers.

Even in the disastrous home game v Torquay they managed to get away with two defender 'saves' in the second half......Like I say if the ref thinks he may get lynched for not awarding the first you would definitely get the second.

Edit. I just checked the diversity highlights of that Torquay game. Late on there is clear example of handball not given. Its not even debatable, defo a pen.

Last edited:
Back