• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Memorabilia

BedfordShrimper

Memorabilia Geek⭐
Hope its ok I start a new thread, but i saw a recent tweet from Chris Phillips and loved it !

It was about your best Southend memorabilia. Whether it be rare or just your favourite stuff. Not everyone is on twitter so thought it would be great to put some up ?!

Whereas I have all the normal stuff, some of my favourite and most random is various leaflets, booklets etc i've kept over the years as attached...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 27
a signed Collymore matchworn shirt

and Alan Moody's shirt from the 80/1 season (part of a pack that includes a menu from the celbration dinner, a signed photo)

I would love to get my hands on that Charterhouse shirt !! Would love the Access shirt too. I have all homes from 1986 onwards.

I have the away programme from the FA Cup replay at Anfield. It's in the loft somewhere...
I’m sorry that I don’t feel impressed when people exhibit specific old programmes on here.Theres a reason....
Having supported since 1955 ,despite a batch being thrown away way back when,I have every single 1st team HOME programme for 60 seasons- up to 2014/15. (I was living away in the 70’s and wasn’t actually at quite a lot of those games).
AWAY programmes,my collection is complete from 1955-6 up till 1997-8 apart from just 6****** that I haven’t managed to get hold of-yet!.(Ive also kept hundreds of home reserve and youth team progs).
******Just in case ? You never know ?
55-6. Newport—APRIL rematch
56-7 Northampton
57-8 Shrewsbury
60-61. Grimsby,Clacton(FAC),Rochdale (LC).

Did have a signed ball but I gave it away. Have a shirt signed by Sean Clohessey, a Man Utd programme. That's about it.

I used to have a football that was kicked into the crowd against Gillingham the last home game of the promotion season of 1971-72 signed by Spud Taylor and Alex Smith , after 48 years I just don't know what happened to it .

LCBB,how did you get that ball then???
Did you find it suddenly up your jumper after it being kicked into the North Bank?
A present?
After the game,on the pitch (like thousands of others),and you found it!!!
ithink that game ended 0-0,poor game,but nobody cared.five minutes from the end,thousands of fans along the touchlines.
Remember it well,but dont remember much about last week!!

I’m sorry that I don’t feel impressed when people exhibit specific old programmes on here.Theres a reason....
Having supported since 1955 ,despite a batch being thrown away way back when,I have every single 1st team HOME programme for 60 seasons- up to 2014/15. (I was living away in the 70’s and wasn’t actually at quite a lot of those games).
AWAY programmes,my collection is complete from 1955-6 up till 1997-8 apart from just 6****** that I haven’t managed to get hold of-yet!.(Ive also kept hundreds of home reserve and youth team progs).
******Just in case ? You never know ?
55-6. Newport—APRIL rematch
56-7 Northampton
57-8 Shrewsbury
60-61. Grimsby,Clacton(FAC),Rochdale (LC).

Liam Ridgewell has those 6 and uses them as toilet paper.

I've got a Bilel Mohsni shirt he played in with his (or an opponents blood on it) should we need to clone him

Over the 58 years of following the team I have been given some items of memorabilia from time to time and have listed them below:-
(1). Match ball from 1970-71 Southend United 2 v Scunthorpe United 2 this signed ball was presented to me by the players in the Shrimpers Club on my 21st. Birthday in Dec. 1970.
(2). Signed match ball given to my first wife by Gary Moore from the 1972-73 season match unknown.
(3). 1980-81 Derek Spence gave me his No.9 shirt as he left the pitch after the match against Rochdale 1-1 at Roots Hall on the night we clinched the Division 4 Championship.
(4). 1980-81 As above but the red away shirt as worn in the previous match against Torquay Utd.
(5). 1980-81 Having travelled to Hampden Park with my good friend Russ Ralph (RIP Russ) to witness Derek Spence then a Southend United player appearing in a World Cup Qualifier. At the next home match Derek kindly gave me his complete Northern Ireland kit from that match, although just a few weeks later Derek asked me if he could have the shorts back (LOL).
(6). 1980-81 Dave Cusack's complete tracksuit.
(7). 2000-01 Ron Pountney Testimonial Shirt.( I was helping on the night of the match against Charlton Athletic and noticed that the word Testimonial had been spelt wrongly). Just a few years back when Ron was doing some DIY at my house he gave me a lead crystal football that was given to the Charlton players who took part that evening. (I also helped Ron on his first Testimonial Year back in 1984-85 and he gave me Alan Hansen's No.6 signed Liverpool shirt as a "Thank You").
(8). Gary Moore sent me just a few years ago a signed menu from the 1971-72 season when we were runners-up to Grimsby Town a celebration held at Garons back in the day.

LCBB,how did you get that ball then???
Did you find it suddenly up your jumper after it being kicked into the North Bank?
A present?
After the game,on the pitch (like thousands of others),and you found it!!!
ithink that game ended 0-0,poor game,but nobody cared.five minutes from the end,thousands of fans along the touchlines.
Remember it well,but dont remember much about last week!!
When the team came out for the kick off all the players had a couple of balls and kicked into the crowd , I was standing on the Southbank at the time .

Over the 58 years of following the team I have been given some items of memorabilia from time to time and have listed them below:-
(1). Match ball from 1970-71 Southend United 2 v Scunthorpe United 2 this signed ball was presented to me by the players in the Shrimpers Club on my 21st. Birthday in Dec. 1970.
(2). Signed match ball given to my first wife by Gary Moore from the 1972-73 season match unknown.
(3). 1980-81 Derek Spence gave me his No.9 shirt as he left the pitch after the match against Rochdale 1-1 at Roots Hall on the night we clinched the Division 4 Championship.
(4). 1980-81 As above but the red away shirt as worn in the previous match against Torquay Utd.
(5). 1980-81 Having travelled to Hampden Park with my good friend Russ Ralph (RIP Russ) to witness Derek Spence then a Southend United player appearing in a World Cup Qualifier. At the next home match Derek kindly gave me his complete Northern Ireland kit from that match, although just a few weeks later Derek asked me if he could have the shorts back (LOL).
(6). 1980-81 Dave Cusack's complete tracksuit.
(7). 2000-01 Ron Pountney Testimonial Shirt.( I was helping on the night of the match against Charlton Athletic and noticed that the word Testimonial had been spelt wrongly). Just a few years back when Ron was doing some DIY at my house he gave me a lead crystal football that was given to the Charlton players who took part that evening. (I also helped Ron on his first Testimonial Year back in 1984-85 and he gave me Alan Hansen's No.6 signed Liverpool shirt as a "Thank You").
(8). Gary Moore sent me just a few years ago a signed menu from the 1971-72 season when we were runners-up to Grimsby Town a celebration held at Garons back in the day.

Awesome, that is museum worth memorabilia. Some very unique items there!

Back