• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United open contract talks with injured duo

Why are we negotiating for these players? They are going to be out for at least another year! Gards obviously injury prone and not really proved himself and ralph the same but I'd imagine on a higher wage! I think its complete madness to be offering these players new contracts.We need to be axing most of this squad not keeping them.

I can only imagine there's something in it for Ron i.e we're not getting anything out of you for this season while you're injured, how about we offer you a contract that takes effect immediately, you get the security of a year beyond your recovery but it's less money. Which in the short term might be a concern for two players that aren't playing.

Presumably linked to the de-reg issue, it may make a lot of sense depending on the nature of whats on the table, Ralph was playing really well and if L,ewis can come back even stronger that would be welcome wouldnt it ?

Presumably linked to the de-reg issue, it may make a lot of sense depending on the nature of whats on the table, Ralph was playing really well and if L,ewis can come back even stronger that would be welcome wouldnt it ?

I think MM may be behind this move. He believes the morale or team spirit of the players is a strategic asset for the club going forward and taking care of these two talented players is related to this.

I think Ralph isn't on big bucks as it is and Gard even less. I do have an issue with us paying out for Crocks as this is something we are renowned for. However, Ralph I think will be an asset, he wont set the world alight but he has a huge leap for a short lad and is decent with the ball and could be used anywhere on the left. Gard has shown real promise in glimpses again wont be a world beater but could do like a Pettifer job, my only concern for him is his knees give way twice now and I suspect there could well be a weakness there but I hope he proves that to be wrong being such a young lad

Ralph is a useful player to have and could be decent on the wing in the national league.

Gard aswell could find national league more his level ? so both worth contracts in my opinion

Both were promised contracts if they deregistered themselves as the player needs to agree.... same as Kinali

Can't see us needing to bribe them to convince them to de-register. They're both out injured for the rest of the season. I'm sure they'd both fail to see any logic in them staying registered.

I agree, but with others offered extensions to deregister these players had to be offered the same as others had and knew that.

Possibly to do that if they are in Contract they can’t be de-registered, but if the Contract is cancelled they obviously are then de-registered. However the issue for the players then that whilst they may obtain a payoff they lose access to all the physio support and they like they would be entitled to if under Contract.

simplest solution would be therefore to cancel the Contract and therefore de-register, then set up a new Contract providing the player with security, but not register them

Can't see us needing to bribe them to convince them to de-register. They're both out injured for the rest of the season. I'm sure they'd both fail to see any logic in them staying registered.
While registered they have protection and insurance and medical costs guaranteed covered and guarantees of being paid.
I'd not trust RMs promises of private agreements - would you!

Possibly to do that if they are in Contract they can’t be de-registered, but if the Contract is cancelled they obviously are then de-registered. However the issue for the players then that whilst they may obtain a payoff they lose access to all the physio support and they like they would be entitled to if under Contract.

simplest solution would be therefore to cancel the Contract and therefore de-register, then set up a new Contract providing the player with security, but not register them
except the league feel it's illegal

Back