• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United reject offer for Rhys Murphy

Whats the point. Transfer fee would be tiny. We cant reinvest due to embargo and weve thrown a lot of wages in the bin already.... keep him i say.
The point would be to get one of our biggest wage earner’s salary off the books.

The negotiations at this point are probably about getting Scunny to pick up what we still owe Murphy (Jan’s wages, signing on fee etc).

When you can’t afford to pay St John’s Ambulance getting one of your highest earners off the books is good business.

From a financial side I doubt it makes much difference
From a playing side I would say not a chance. Even allowing for the fact we can't bring anyone in, we have a real problem sticking the ball in the back of the net despite stats about us having is it the third or fourth highest number of touches inside the opposition box. Murphy has looked sharp and is a natural goalscorer, and once fully fit it will make a big difference. He even scored regularly in our Southend 0 days.

Oh and the player would have want to go to Scunthorpe- it would be high up my wish list.

From a financial side I doubt it makes much difference
From a playing side I would say not a chance. Even allowing for the fact we can't bring anyone in, we have a real problem sticking the ball in the back of the net despite stats about us having is it the third or fourth highest number of touches inside the opposition box. Murphy has looked sharp and is a natural goalscorer, and once fully fit it will make a big difference. He even scored regularly in our Southend 0 days.

Oh and the player would have want to go to Scunthorpe- it would be high up my wish list.
Absolutely this. Despite all the gloom and doom wallowing we are still in with a chance of play-offs and to stay there we need forwards that have a scoring instinct. Murphy has that so keep him please.

The point would be to get one of our biggest wage earner’s salary off the books.

The negotiations at this point are probably about getting Scunny to pick up what we still owe Murphy (Jan’s wages, signing on fee etc).

When you can’t afford to pay St John’s Ambulance getting one of your highest earners off the books is good business.
Didn't Moley confirm we had rejected approaches for other players as well. Kev says he doesn't want to lose any of the team- and goal scorers are like hens teeth. I don't think Kev is ready to give up on promotion yet or send that message to the players or anyone else.

Edit 4 offers rejected in January

Back