• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Shares...

SUFC-3lliot

Members
Can you help me?

As I understand it, Southend are selling shares in the club at £6 per with an MOQ of 20. Totalling £120.

Are these shares expected to rise?
If we achieve promotion what will that do to the share prices?

Can you please tell me the stipulations of this for I am intrested however not sure if it is worth the risk. If you have any other information then post away. Thanks.

Can you help me?

As I understand it, Southend are selling shares in the club at £6 per with an MOQ of 20. Totalling £120.

Are these shares expected to rise?
If we achieve promotion what will that do to the share prices?

Can you please tell me the stipulations of this for I am intrested however not sure if it is worth the risk. If you have any other information then post away. Thanks.

you can pretty much kiss any money goodbye tbh mate.

What benefits do you get from buying shares? Wooppeee a season ticket guaranteed for life.

Anyone else read the risk bit? :hilarious:

Sounds like one big rip off to me! You can't even make money on them.

And heres me thinking we were going to float on the stock market, not so!

I'll be giving this whole thing a very wide berth.

As though they dont get enough money out of us with a season card!

RM = Money, money, money!

Even if the shares were quoted on the LSE, nobody invests in a football club as a small shareholder to make any money. People do it purely and simply as another way of supporting their club. Its plain and simple. You are unlikely to get your money back. While thats true for any shares in fact it seems more true for football shares at this level.

If you cant afford to "lose" this money then dont bother. If however, you have the £120 min and you want to "support" your club in a slightly different way or an additional way then why not.

Even if the shares were quoted on the LSE, nobody invests in a football club as a small shareholder to make any money. People do it purely and simply as another way of supporting their club. Its plain and simple. You are unlikely to get your money back. While thats true for any shares in fact it seems more true for football shares at this level.

If you cant afford to "lose" this money then dont bother. If however, you have the £120 min and you want to "support" your club in a slightly different way or an additional way then why not.

Whatever floats peoples boat.

I'd sooner buy £120 worth of goods from the club shop than this share thing.

Least you get something for your money, and you show you support your club.

This share thing reminds me of these deals you get where you can buy a square mile of the planet Mars, or a certain star somewhere in space.

This share thing is just surely lining RM's pockets even more :eek:

This share thing reminds me of these deals you get where you can buy a square mile of the planet Mars, or a certain star somewhere in space.

Even more?

I think the last thing that RM is doing at the moment is lining his pockets at Southend's expense, Tony. He could easily have built us a tiny Col Ewe sized stadium while letting us slide gently into the Conference, instead he has taken us on a fantastic ride up the Football League, and treated us to one of the most interesting and promising Januarys that I can remember. Do try and give him some credit, dear boy!

It's not about making money, it's about "owning a piece of the club" and I guess helping the club itself out.

If I had the money, I'd consider it, but... I'm a student. So sod that :p.

And most seasons I spend more than £120 in the shop anyway......3 shirts and printing come to that and if only it stopped there! :eek: However, for me, I may well buy a min amount of shares in the club.

I dont consider it lining anyones pockets at all or if I did, it would be the same for all the shares I hold. Indeed no matter what you spend your money on these days, you will be lining someones pockets so not sure how you can single anyone out if indeed anyone is worth being singled out. Its all about a choice and if its not for you then fair enough.

Shrimperzone.Com Ltd have now brought all the shares...Ken expects you all around tomorrow morning to dig over his garden and wash his things...(frightening thought). Matt demands you clean his shoes ( he has 1000 pairs ) and take over from one of his kitchen staff for a month...South Bank Hank wishes you to remove all traces of Burgers from the planet as he is getting far to overweight, James (Ux) demands you all to move SUFC to Uxbridge to actually let him get to a game now and then....and me ...well I am a humble soul, just give me the next 6 winning lottery numbers.........:)

If these demands are not met within 24 hours we are moving the club to Baghdad...

You have been warned...:p

Shrimperzone.Com Ltd have now brought all the shares...Ken expects you all around tomorrow morning to dig over his garden and wash his things...(frightening thought). Matt demands you clean his shoes ( he has 1000 pairs ) and take over from one of his kitchen staff for a month...South Bank Hank wishes you to remove all traces of Burgers from the planet as he is getting far to overweight, James (Ux) demands you all to move SUFC to Uxbridge to actually let him get to a game now and then....and me ...well I am a humble soul, just give me the next 6 winning lottery numbers.........:)

If these demands are not met within 24 hours we are moving the club to Baghdad...

Humble soul, my ar*e... XD

I thought you lot had your own groupies who followed you round....and here they are in a rare photograph....

PensionersatHintonCourt.jpg

Not sure about the bloke tho....:eek: Each to their own I guess...

Has MtS sacked the butler, and the rest of his below stairs staff?

Back