• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend United staff now PAID!! (25th July)

What money was paid last week?

The court order was to allow money to be paid. It doesn’t necessarily mean there was money in the accounts yet to pay it.

Hmmmm....like @Cricko says, transfer was incoming from overseas. I was under the impression this was done Friday so why haven't the wages been paid?

Well, thank goodness for that. I really feel for every single one of them, as it must have been completely horrible for them all. Ron doesnt deserve their loyalty, but they have all been fantastic!

Assuming we can actually start the season, can we show our appreciation for them all somehow on the 5th August?

Sadly i bet no one has any confidence they will be paid this months salary on time
Yes, be really interesting to see if July paid. If the NL requirements are to clear football related debts by a certain date, assuming that date is before 31 July, then that meets their requirements and their is no consequence (from a NL licence perspective) to remain current.

Horrible way to do business.

Well, thank goodness for that. I really feel for every single one of them, as it must have been completely horrible for them all. Ron doesnt deserve their loyalty, but they have all been fantastic!

Assuming we can actually start the season, can we show our appreciation for them all somehow on the 5th August?
I think(if the first game goes ahead) the staff should all congregate in the centre circle to be given a hearty round of applause as a show of our gratitude for their undoubted loyalty!!

Yes, be really interesting to see if July paid. If the NL requirements are to clear football related debts by a certain date, assuming that date is before 31 July, then that meets their requirements and their is no consequence (from a NL licence perspective) to remain current.

Horrible way to do business.
Best keep the hardship fund going.

Back