• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend United turn down Charlton bid for Bailey

Latest news from Sky Sports - Pardew still pushing

Southend United in the Press

Charlton Athletic boss Alan Pardew has confirmed he still hopes to sign Southend United midfielder Nicky Bailey.

Pardew has seen an offer for Bailey rejected, with the player telling skysports.com that he wants to secure a 'dream move' to the Valley.

Bailey is on the transfer list at Roots Hall and Pardew is trying to come up with the money to tempt Southend into selling.

"As for Bailey, all I would say, without telling any porkies, is that it's true," Pardew told the club's official website.
"Finances are very tight here so we will see. But they won (against Peterborough on Saturday), so hopefully they'll be in a good mood."

Very pleased

The Addicks chief has also expressed his gratitude to Fulham after Hameur Bouazza joined the Championship club on a season-long loan on Saturday.

He added: "Bouazza's worth around £2m and Roy Hodgson has helped us out.
"They've helped us out with the finances as well, so we're very, very pleased with the signing.
"Now I need to patient in the market in bringing in two more players. If I get the ones I want, I think we'll do better."

Acid test was 3pm - 4.45pm on Saturday and I'd say he passed. He's abiding by the terms of his contract and is not obliged to sign an extension.

I have to agree. He worked hard on Saturday. If he doesn't stay (I can't see how he can) and Macca is out until Oct what will our midfield look like?

I have to agree. He worked hard on Saturday. If he doesn't stay (I can't see how he can) and Macca is out until Oct what will our midfield look like?

Very weak IMO, especially without Macca............... TB& M must know this ........IF he did go, we would surely have to replace him and to do that I feel that we would need far more than Pardew is offering. Providing Bailey continues to show the kind of commitment that he showed in the second-half on Saturday we would seem to hold all the cards and I would be surprised and disappointed to see him go for anywhere near £300000.

was told on saturday that Bailey was throwing his toys out the pram, he wants to go and thats it, clarkes dad says his happy to be at southend so thats good.

Baileys turning into a right ginger to$$er, was the same at barnet when we came in for him
good player which is a shame

was told on saturday that Bailey was throwing his toys out the pram, he wants to go and thats it, clarkes dad says his happy to be at southend so thats good.

Baileys turning into a right ginger to$$er, was the same at barnet when we came in for him
good player which is a shame

I don't know, perhaps it's just me, but I feel that Bailey has been with us longer than a year? Anyway, that's not really the point.......what I wanted to say is that IIRC we didn't get Bailey from Barnet straight away, even though he was doing the same as now and expressing his desire for a move.
So, whilst I'm pretty certain he will not be with us, this time next year, history shows that he will remain patient until his move comes through,thus he may not be on his way out of the door just yet. If some one has more time to research than me, it may be interesting to find out he he played in this transitional period with Barnet, prior to his move to us.

Word definitely was that Bailey's agent had instructed him not to play, I'm still convinced we'll be striking a deal now for him to go in January.

Word definitely was that Bailey's agent had instructed him not to play, I'm still convinced we'll be striking a deal now for him to go in January.

I don't think that it'll work like that... if a deal gets struck then he'll go. I don't think Tilly will be happy having a player just wasting time and 'not getting injured' because the deal is done. I reckon we'll only sell if we agree the price and are happy with either what we have, or with any definite arrival (the other way?)

We'll sell if the bid upwards of £600,00. If they don't he'll stay.

Its as simple as that

Perhaps some cash plus Dean Sinclair who hasnt had a lookin at chalrton, is a centre mid and played with Bailey at Barnet, and had a similar goalscoring record.

Yea, I'd love to take a player in exchange - £400,000 + a player seems ok.

Who was that striker who was on loan at the Gills last year? £400k, Dean Sinclair and him on loan for a season would do nicely.

Yea, I'd love to take a player in exchange - £400,000 + a player seems ok.

Who was that striker who was on loan at the Gills last year? £400k, Dean Sinclair and him on loan for a season would do nicely.

that was chris dickson... seems to be getting some first team opportunities though

or £400k with Sinclair and Stuart Fleetwood on loan

Not sure if this deserves a new thread but my feeling is that we (SUFC) have been/are being 'played' by messrs Bailey and Pardew with their well timed press releases.

I am sure that RM and Tilly are aware of same but in the end there's not much they (we) can do about it. But that was always the risk once Bailey was listed . I imagine RM's plea to the fans to not get on Bailey's back last Saturday was to not give him any more ammunition that 'he's not wanted here'

A difficult situation then - don't know if we pulled any stunts over Walker but in the end I would have expected a bit better of Charlton , if not Bailey .

I no longer want ginger hair.

Not sure if this deserves a new thread but my feeling is that we (SUFC) have been/are being 'played' by messrs Bailey and Pardew with their well timed press releases.

I am sure that RM and Tilly are aware of same but in the end there's not much they (we) can do about it. But that was always the risk once Bailey was listed . I imagine RM's plea to the fans to not get on Bailey's back last Saturday was to not give him any more ammunition that 'he's not wanted here'

A difficult situation then - don't know if we pulled any stunts over Walker but in the end I would have expected a bit better of Charlton , if not Bailey .

I no longer want ginger hair.

Completely agree
icon7.gif

Back