• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v AFC Wimbledon

I would have Worrall in for Hurst as the only change, Hurst is nowhere near as effective playing in a more withdrawn role in the current formation. We owe the wombles a defeat at Roots Hall and think it will happen tonight, they are more than pleased with 4 points from two tricky openers.

2-1 win, Corr & Coulthirst
5500 (500 wombles)

akinfenwa.jpg

He is a bodybuilder, his size is almost pure muscle. The guy isn't the slightest bit fat.

The fact he manages to maintain this amount of muscle mass while being a professional footballer is no easy task and is in fact very impressive. Now for the love of God can we stop calling him fat?

View attachment 2822

He is a bodybuilder, his size is almost pure muscle. The guy isn't the slightest bit fat.

The fact he manages to maintain this amount of muscle mass while being a professional footballer is no easy task and is in fact very impressive. Now for the love of God can we stop calling him fat?

Mads saw this photo and is on a flight back to Denmark:smile:

good luck for the rest of the season after our smash and grab tonight. He is not fat!!!! Actually going 1-1!!

I am not too sure if this suggestion has been mentioned elsewhere on this thread but I would like to see a 3 5 2 formation tonight. There has been alot said on this thread about the threat of Akinfenwa and one way to combat this would go to 3 cente backs and drop Hurst. With Shaqs playing behind the front 2. I am confident that Coker could play as a wing back but not too sure abouth White though?

Any thoughts... UTB:happy:

i'd take AA personally, i think he's a very decent player at this level. him and Tubbs up front is going to be no easy task but hopefully the boys are up to the job. i do hope Wimbledon do well, but maybe from next week on

All this chat about THEIR strengths is not good, we need to recognise that they will have tactics based around AA winning balls to his chest etc BUT play to our strengths and our game.
It would be silly, IMO, to change a successful start etc when THEY should be more worried about how to combat our Super Shrimpers.

I can't wait for this game, Wimbledon have a really strong side now, They have goals from Tubbs and Akinfenwa, they have Pace from Saint-Luce (a young French winger) Jake Nicholson (ex Tottenham) and Also Azeez (Who Brown looked at) and a experienced back line. I would happily take a draw against the wombles

I guess I was right then, some fans are getting way ahead of them selves. I said from the start that Wimbledon would tough and I would take a draw.

Back