• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Dagenham & Redbridge, Saturday 15th April, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 60 89.6%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 58 86.6%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 57 85.1%
  • Ollie Kensdale

• Louis Lomas

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Nathan Ralph (INJURED)

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 45 67.2%
  • Noor Husin

• Henry Sandat

Votes: 35 52.2%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Jack Bridge

• Dan Mooney

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Wes Fonguck

• Callum Powell

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Steve Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Benton

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Jake Hyde

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Win

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ll comfortably win this game, most of our lads that we actually have left now completely switched off as most of them are off at the end of the season. We’re left with the dregs from the previous manager that we couldn’t sell off before deadline day and that includes some kids who play for the local college. We have 13 senior players available. Massive transitional period for us as the new manager adjust to a lower budget next season.

I’m hoping for a draw at best but a good day out either way.
Depends on whether our defence can handle Effiong. I'm not that optimistic.

Help with reading is available to the five who voted for Ralph with that whacking great big (INJURED) writ next to his name.
I hope there's a 'sod it' attitude from us and we go for broke.
Win or lose, eh?
No doubt being us, we'll end up with 0-0.

Anyone know the latest on Chris Wreh - is he still struggling with his knee problems ?

You’ll comfortably win this game, most of our lads that we actually have left now completely switched off as most of them are off at the end of the season. We’re left with the dregs from the previous manager that we couldn’t sell off before deadline day and that includes some kids who play for the local college. We have 13 senior players available. Massive transitional period for us as the new manager adjust to a lower budget next season.

I’m hoping for a draw at best but a good day out either way.
@digger mate, I've got to grips with your Daggers kidology at long last. You pop on here a short while before our games, tell us how ****e your lads will be and then we get beat or draw when the games are played. It won't help us get a result but I have learnt not to believe a word you say.

Crickey all, just one day before probably our most important game of the season and just 2 pages of posts. So what are your views on the game to come.

Nice to be buzzing again going into a game, thought the season was well and truly done, although I had this feeling before Barnet and we know how that went 😂. Really torn about tommorow, thought we looked a bit better at woking on Monday and unbeaten now in 3 with 1 conceded.

Think this is going to be tight again, 1-1 or maybe we may just nick it 2-1 (could be heart more than head tho that one)

We need to win.
The players need something to stay for over the off season

Really looking forward to tomorrow’s game and delighted after our recent slump to still be in with a an outside chance of the play off’s.

We are due a win against Daggers although our record we get a big home crowd is iffy at best let’s hope we buck recent trends and get a much needed win

Tricky this one. We need proper full back against Weston, and as we have seen he can have Demi for breakfast, dinner and tea and some more, maybe Clifford to start at left back?
Would that mean a 4 4 2 or a lop sided 4 and half, 3 and a half plus 2.
To partner Cards? Hyde, Murph, Wreh, Sandat ( in that order) with Powell to be a used sub after an hour.
Mooney? There is a player there, he needs games to get his mojo but is there enough time for that? Certainly if the dream is to come to anything he will be needed.
Noor and especially Miley start.

Q. Are any players approaching a yellow card count suspension?

Bit of a lopsided 3 4 3 for me

hobbo kens lomas

Gus cav husin bridge

Mooney cardwell sandat

Mooney to play in that right forward position with a more conventional front two of cardwell and sandat.

Gives bridge the space to attack in to on the left and if that fails double up on the attack on the right side. Its different and daggers certainly won't expect it if we come out the traps fast and go for the jugular from the get go.

But I expect a 1-0 either way lol

I fully expect kev not to change a thing, i fully expect all our attacking play to go through bridge, i fully expect him to sub our forwards with fresh legs with 2 minutes left on the clock. I fully expect powell and mooney to miss 3 sitters each.

I hope im wrong about all these things 😬

Tricky this one. We need proper full back against Weston, and as we have seen he can have Demi for breakfast, dinner and tea and some more, maybe Clifford to start at left back?
Would that mean a 4 4 2 or a lop sided 4 and half, 3 and a half plus 2.
To partner Cards? Hyde, Murph, Wreh, Sandat ( in that order) with Powell to be a used sub after an hour.
Mooney? There is a player there, he needs games to get his mojo but is there enough time for that? Certainly if the dream is to come to anything he will be needed.
Noor and especially Miley start.

Q. Are any players approaching a yellow card count suspension?
Clifford?! I see your thinking but I’d imagine he’d be blowing after 10 mins through lack of match fitness. Daggers would have a field day. I say we let them worry about us .. if we’ve got the ball they can’t attack. Are Hyde and Murphy fit? I’d pick either if so, to partner Cardwell .. we need a bit of savvy up top.
Maybe this is the day Mooney comes good and crashes one in from 30 yards.

Crowd behind the team, play offs still (just about) within reach .. what have we got to lose..

@Leigh_Seasider your post about Clifford is likely accurate. I don't understand why Clifford has been left to rot, not a loan or such. Clifford has a reasonable set piece delivery.
Who was the youngster who started as full back at start of season against Solihulm and Halifax? He did better than okay then but was covering iirc for Gus?
The news, lack of, about fitness to Hyde, Murphy and Wreh may suggest any or all 3 are possibly getting close to a return (again).

@Leigh_Seasider your post about Clifford is likely accurate. I don't understand why Clifford has been left to rot, not a loan or such. Clifford has a reasonable set piece delivery.
Who was the youngster who started as full back at start of season against Solihulm and Halifax? He did better than okay then but was covering iirc for Gus?
The news, lack of, about fitness to Hyde, Murphy and Wreh may suggest any or all 3 are possibly getting close to a return (again).
I am surprised that Clifford didn’t even get an loan to Conference South club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back