• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Forest Green Rovers

We've got a lot more fight than we did a month ago but we still have no one that knows where the net is, if we could only find a striker we'd be competitive, Rush did impress me though and I hope he starts next match, he needs to work on his shooting but his off the ball movement was impressive.

We’ve conceded 1 goal in 180 minutes, with a depleted squad off the back of a 6-1 whooping from Col Ewe (who lost 6-1 themselves tonight, ha!) .. that’s got to be seen as a positive. Some things are starting to click. We need this embargo sorted yesterday. In the circumstances not a bad effort. Keep plugging away lads.
We badly need more experience and quality especially up front to put the ball away.

Considering FGR are now fourth in the table was expecting a drubbing, desperately need more quality in the final third

How the **** have we not scored in this game?

They've been ****. There for the taking! Table doesn't lie, we arent good enough!
We couldn’t even manage a shot on target. Every shot went about 10 miles over the bar apart from Rush’s miss.

OK, we battled, but even for Lge 2 there wasn't an ounce of class apart from White's calm and Olyayinka's battling.

I've read that Egbri wins us fouls.
Forgive me, but I think the idea is to win us football matches.
A side giving away a FK has time to reset. A player who gets past the defence or gets in telling crosses will see his side scoring.
Said all I'm going to say about Badship.

As for injuries, you couldn't make it up.
Covid Illness: crocked before the game: during the game; training: what's left?
Getting hit by lightning? I wouldn't rule it out!

Defensively we are looking much better. But attacking wise .,. Well....
as for iFollow I apologise for trying to defend it...I have sent them an email that ought to make their eyes water- we should however make sure the club is not penalised financially for their utter incompetence.
Not happy

Defensively we are looking much better. But attacking wise .,. Well....
as for iFollow I apologise for trying to defend it...I have sent them an email that ought to make their eyes water- we should however make sure the club is not penalised financially for their utter incompetence.
Not happy
What's their email address? - couldn't find it on their site

The facts don’t lie 0 shots on target at home against a supposedly average team. It is very simple, whether playing in the World Cup final or in the park with mates, if you do not in 90 mins of football hit the target you will not be winning many football matches. We are in a huge amount of trouble on and off the pitch and I’m past the angry stage at the sheer incompetence of Ron as the chairman of this club, it’s just a feeling of helplessness and disappointment. Let’s hope we bottom out in 2021, begin to stabilise and come back in the coming years

We've got a lot more fight than we did a month ago but we still have no one that knows where the net is, if we could only find a striker we'd be competitive, Rush did impress me though and I hope he starts next match, he needs to work on his shooting but his off the ball movement was impressive.
Yes we do akinola and rons striker.Why cant they play ?

Not too bad a performance but not overly a good one, should have been up at half time and got a point a i guess

Trying to find positives and for me at least we do look better than 4 weeks ago

Back