• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Hartlepool United, Saturday 19th August, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 58 89.2%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 57 87.7%
  • Ollie Kensdale

• Nathan Ralph

• Jack Bridge

• Cav Miley

• Noor Husin

Votes: 51 78.5%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 39 60.0%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 56 86.2%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Win

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they chopped down the capacity (from the Oldham game) in the North Bank ?
402 if my maths is good ?? I'm pretty sure Oldham brought in excess of 600
Yes. They will only sell the first block of seating in the north unless more is required. For most teams that will be more than sufficient.

Tickets are not exactly flying out the door for this one, disappointingly. Still, it is expensive (especially for those who travelled away twice already this month). It’s also the school holidays and we traditionally get a few crowds a bit below average this time of year. Hopefully a few folks will find a 20 behind the sofa and book up last minute. Perhaps some have their eye on Eastleigh as a possible celebration once the new owners splat the rat next week.
It’s a real shame and now no big away following like Oldham, we can start to see the votes with feet.

4’s on a Saturday and 3’s on a Tuesday will eventually become the norm until that clown sells unfortunately.

It’s a real shame and now no big away following like Oldham, we can start to see the votes with feet.

4’s on a Saturday and 3’s on a Tuesday will eventually become the norm until that clown sells unfortunately.
There will be 5000 there Saturday come 3oclock….. more or less the same home attendance as Oldham

I just had a look and there are still problems with the ticketing system (see below). I’ve emailed the club to have a look at it.

IMG_7121.png

Fonguck was carrying a slight knock! Even if he was he came on so don't see why he couldn't of started! Disrupted the team.
That was my thought at the start of the game. When I saw the subs come out. I felt it was the wrong call.
When they did come on they looked lost.

Powell plays best when he starts imho - doesn't seem to be anywhere near as effective coming on as sub
Maybe but some may question why we would want to make decisions around the player who we have only scored 2 goals in the 168 minutes he’s been on the pitch and not the one who has played 102 minutes but we’ve scored five goals in that time.

Personally I’d like to see Wood tried up front with Cardwell.

Maybe but some may question why we would want to make decisions around the player who we have only scored 2 goals in the 168 minutes he’s been on the pitch and not the one who has played 102 minutes but we’ve scored five goals in that time.

Personally I’d like to see Wood tried up front with Cardwell.

Equally that might do a disservice to the contribution of Powell in tiring defences allowing time and space for our subs to exploit

Equally that might do a disservice to the contribution of Powell in tiring defences allowing time and space for our subs to exploit
Unfortunately during the first 10 mins of Tuesdays game he fell over 3 or 4 times.

I would like to see Wood given a go as well.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it we won the first two games with Powell up front and he was one of the best players play the same team that played against Oldham and daggers and will be fine

@Yorkshire Blue and @MattE I can see both sides of your opinions and for me both are valid. That's why I can like them both.

One example of how far we have come in the time that the three amigos have been at the club. How can we be more affective as a team, rather than how we avoid defeat under previous regimes.

Whatever the selection come 3pm I have more faith in KM making it and respect the tough time and superb job he and the team are doing managing the squad and making the selections, getting the performances to a level that have pleasantly surprised me so far in the three games, even taking the second half at Dorking into account.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it we won the first two games with Powell up front and he was one of the best players play the same team that played against Oldham and daggers and will be fine
Yes this. I thought Mooney did well for 40 mins on Tues night but it seems to work slightly better when Powell starts. Mooney isn't a bad player to bring on with 20-25 mins left is he. Fonguck should start but if he's not 100% I'd rather Coker started than risk Wes further.

Yes this. I thought Mooney did well for 40 mins on Tues night but it seems to work slightly better when Powell starts. Mooney isn't a bad player to bring on with 20-25 mins left is he. Fonguck should start but if he's not 100% I'd rather Coker started than risk Wes further.

Thought Coker was relatively annonomous v Dorking, so if Wes not fit I'd be more tempted to start Mooney than Coker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back