• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Could be a huge day.

Bury have a tough task against the Shrews and Wycombe could trip up against Exeter.

The right results could put us within two points of 3rd.

Could be a huge day.

Bury have a tough task against the Shrews and Wycombe could trip up against Exeter.

The right results could put us within two points of 3rd.

I so want all this to be true......................................

Wonder if Newport will play the 3 at the back and 5 in midfield that they like. Pace up front usually beats that system as there will be gaps at the back.

Excuse me lads and ladettes but where has the BBBC "out" for the game story come from?
Is there substance to it or rumour?
If he went home to Eire then he, an experienced, mature pro, could do his exercise/injury prep etc and easily be back in today for tonight - we do have airports close by don't we?

Excuse me lads and ladettes but where has the BBBC "out" for the game story come from?
Is there substance to it or rumour?
If he went home to Eire then he, an experienced, mature pro, could do his exercise/injury prep etc and easily be back in today for tonight - we do have airports close by don't we?

Yes he could get back, but that's not the issue. It all depends how serious the family problem is.

Fully expecting Corr to start upfront with Cassidy. We all know how Brown loves his mind games. Newport preparing for a game without the leagues most in form striker and then they find out half hour before kick off that he's starting :winking:

Yes he could get back, but that's not the issue. It all depends how serious the family problem is.
To clarify then; he has gone to Eire but for family matter, & SUFC have NOT stated he is not available?
From that I am feeling more confident that he will be at The Hall working towards that 20 goal season tally.

Fully expecting Corr to start upfront with Cassidy. We all know how Brown loves his mind games. Newport preparing for a game without the leagues most in form striker and then they find out half hour before kick off that he's starting :winking:

Does it make any difference to their preparation, though.

I would have thought they would play the same team, tactics and system whether he played or not.

Does it make any difference to their preparation, though.

I would have thought they would play the same team, tactics and system whether he played or not.

I'd say it makes a huge difference. I'd be shocked if everytime we've played Wimbledon, we haven't spoken in detail about how to contain Akinfenwa for example.

I'd say it makes a huge difference. I'd be shocked if everytime we've played Wimbledon, we haven't spoken in detail about how to contain Akinfenwa for example.

I am in perpetual shock that we can't get a decent cross or set piece together all season or is it that we don't prep and discuss that?:winking:

And BBBC's Saturday goal wasn't a worked set piece as the dug-out reactions & delayed celebration shock clearly showed.

Fair point, but if I were Newport's manager, I'd be giving the same instructions for picking up :pig: and Cassidy as I would Corr and Cassidy.

I am in perpetual shock that we can't get a decent cross or set piece together all season or is it that we don't prep and discuss that?:winking:

And BBBC's Saturday goal wasn't a worked set piece as the dug-out reactions & delayed celebration shock clearly showed.

I must be honest, I watched that corner and thought, **** me, we've scored.

Me too and I was one of many who groaned when he looked like he'd scuffed the corner along the ground!

Back