• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Alan

Schoolboy
Will make a few changes due to the amount of games in the next few weeks.

Daniels
Gilbert Prosser Barker Clo

Leonard Sawyer Ferdinand Hall

Harris Dicko

Would personally like to see JJ start. If we can get his confidence up, and him firing too, then the more amunition the better for the busy christmas schedule and the second half of the season.

What are our priorities? Number one, two and three ... the league. Then, having got so far, the JPT. So the FA Cup gives us the chance to give a breather to some key players yet still put out a half decent team ... how long is it since we've had a squad good enough to do that? I reckon Kalala would benefit from another game after his sad layoff. If Morris is fit enough then then this would be a good opportunity for him to get some match practice, but otherwise let's get our money's worth out of Daniels ... so I reckon:
Daniels
Leonard, Coughlan, Prosser, Gilbert
JJ, Sawyer, JPK, Timlin
Moshni, Harris

We should be able to win this one, they are in terrible form as they haven't won in the league since September now. Sturrock has rotated perfectly so far and I think we will see Leonard and Harris starting and possibly Prosser. Not sure who they will replace mind.

I also agree that JJ needs a run out as we need more time to see him in action, he needs a chance in the team now we are on top form.

Daniels, Clohessy, Prosser, Barker, Gilbert, Leonard, Sawyer, Kalala, Johnson, Harris, Mohsni
Subs: Morris, Phillips, Ferdinand, Hall, Timlin, Dickinson, Sturrock

Thinking about it, we could almost field 2 senior sides. What a privelege! That team looks pretty decent on paper. Doubt PS will make that many changes though, he doesn't seem to like making lots of changes for cup games. Although he said after Dagenham that there will be changes. Would be good to see Sawyer and JJ at least get some game time. As Pak Power says, the more players we have match-fit for the 'busy Christmas period' the better.

Grant serving his final game of suspension I believe.

Ill go with

Daniels, Clohessy, Moshni, Barker, Prosser, Johnson, Kalala,Timlin,Sawyer,Hall,Harris (4,5,1)

Rest Philips, Gilbert, Ferdinand and Dickenson I would even suggest rest Hall for leonard

I would like to see Sawyer and JJ both start. They need some game time.

The current first XI are starting to look a little tired and perhaps too assured of their places in my opinion.

A little rest/friendly kick up the arse is required for some.

I'm guessing that Leonard still won't be available after his back injury at Preston ....... and guessing that Harris has had some man-cold attack but might be on the mend ....... but otherwise agree with both the priorities and giving some players a rest .......... but as Shrimpboy says, Sturrock does seem to limit the changes to 2 players unless he is forced to my injury or suspension.

So I think it will the same goalie and back four as Saturday and then .......

Midfield of Jesus, Kalala, Timlin and Hall
Upfront Harris and Dickinson

Would like to see Sawyer on the pitch and some time for JJ ........... but that might come later in the game.

Obviously looking for a win ........... but escaping injuries and red-cards comes a close second.

Any predictions for attendance? I'd say 4,103

With this leading too another home game I would think we would play a full strength side. I cant see us wanting to blow the chances of a) another home game and b) third round draw and a chance for a win fall.

Personally I would go with the usual side that PS employs.

I am not worried about the fa cup at all but I really do want us to win purely to keep our run of form going. so hopefully we'll get a 1 nil win I think.

I like to see at least 5 change, to keep everyone fresh for Sat game and to keep like of Sawyer and Johnson happy, as both guy need games and a chance for them to prove that they want their place back - more option the better!

dont think their will be to many goals coming from us on tuesday as sturrock is set to get a game up front, all he was doing in training today was shooting practice, maybe a start for him ?

Agree that i dont think PS will make many changes, def would give sawyer and harris a start, defence the same, but would like to see Morris play in goal for this one, would be a nice game for him to test his fitness and match sharpness. jj would be good to see but PS hasnt given some of these players much of a chance recently thinking about the jpt, so dont expect more than 1 or 2. good thing is that we/he has the option if he wishes to change. im going for 2-0 to us, crowd 5200, anyone know how many tickets have sold?

Looks like Mellor certainly and possibly Hume, could be back for PNE tomorrow.

That will make it a bit more difficult.

Their fans though are practically hanging themselves at the minute and seems most expect a Southend win. Which could quite possibly be the end for Phil Brown.

Agree that i dont think PS will make many changes, def would give sawyer and harris a start, defence the same, but would like to see Morris play in goal for this one, would be a nice game for him to test his fitness and match sharpness. jj would be good to see but PS hasnt given some of these players much of a chance recently thinking about the jpt, so dont expect more than 1 or 2. good thing is that we/he has the option if he wishes to change. im going for 2-0 to us, crowd 5200, anyone know how many tickets have sold?

I think we will be lucky to break 4,500.

I'm going to go for a 0-3 home defeat, but bouncing back to winning ways at the weekend

Back