• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Instead of compaining.... what is done is done.... And your to the solution is?

Not up to us to find a solution, that's PB's job. Looks like a mix of 2 things today. Tactical inability by PB (nothing new there) mixed with 14 players that had no real desire to put in a performance worthy of pulling the blue shirt on for

Instead of compaining.... what is done is done.... And your to the solution is?

Im not complaining, Im commenting on the game, kind of what the forum is here for.

Apologies if its not a positive comment but after a poor game you cant stick your head in the sand.

Not up to us to find a solution, that's PB's job. Looks like a mix of 2 things today. Tactical inability by PB (nothing new there) mixed with 14 players that had no real desire to put in a performance worthy of pulling the blue shirt on for

Out of interest what was his tactical inability?

He played the team that people raved about last week , he played 442 which was the formation we should be playing according to most. I personally thought it was the right team to start as well.

He then changed to a formation to try to counter the oppostion, which I thought was the right formation to go to.

The only criticism Id put up is that he may have done it at half time.

I must admit, as a fan..i saw it as 3 points dropped today before the game started, & would have been happy with a point at half time to be fair, At full time, however, I would never say we were robbed by any means of any points, we can complain about our bad luck "until the cows come home" about Wordsworth hitting the bar or other chances missed today.

Im completely 100% Southend thu and thru... but in my opinion, Im starting to believe that this so called newly learned "striking partnership" is a bit of a White Elephant. We generally dont get thrashed within an inch of our lifes, our big issue is not having a clinical striker that can turn on a sixpence and put the ball in the net. I personally think that Phil should not be relying on his luck and get a clinical striker in the team that can turn passes and crosses into goals. It was almost as if we tried to walk the ball into the net today & everyone was scared to shoot.

Rant over, and heads up, looking forward to the next game to make it right!!

UTB
:happy:

Sorry mate, apart from what we already have up front, the clinical one in your post is not in our price range, nor for that matter, available. We were pretty rubbish today overall, but this is a far harder league than the one we just left and it takes time to be consistent in a tougher league.

No absolultely not, I agree, but my head is far from the sand... I said it an earlier thread, "what is done.. is done" we need to move on, we werent great today, yes we lost, but we are early in the season, and im sure those points we lost today, im sure we will nick a draw or a win against some top sides that we will genuinly expect to lose against during the long season.

Have faith Jam Man

UTB

Seriously what is with the negativity on this board. :thumbdown:

Did anyone think we were going to go through the season un-beaten? #getoverit

Somebody please post something positive about my beloved Southend United please!!

Seriously what is with the negativity on this board. :thumbdown:

Did anyone think we were going to go through the season un-beaten? #getoverit

Somebody please post something positive about my beloved Southend United please!!

If you can post something positive about todays performance then by all means do, but better place to do it is the match ratings thread now.

In 58 years of supporting the Blues I've seen poor games and this one, albeit not the worst is not far behind. Our front two were given very little if any service. We left large gaps in midfield for Shrewsbury to use but the one thing that was upsetting was our lack of passion. Thank goodness for Bentley. It could have been a 5 nil loss without him.

Back