• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
In the midst of election results, banning orders, smoke bombs, next seasons kit & Nike's choices for next season (wtf), Deegans thighs, respect, Teabars and possible summer transfers, have we forgotten that we have a bit of a game lined up for Thursday night? No, of course we haven't, we have just been too busy discussing more important stuff.

Well, this thread is your golden opportunity to discuss line-up, scores and anything else match pertinent that you want to throw in.

Me, I'm going for the team that finished the game Sunday, unless a miracle happens to Timlin's bonce. I'm also predicting a 1-0 to the Blues and a 9000+ gate.

Any further offers? COYB

I would play 4-4-2 at home - think OBL posted this team first and I quite like it.

Bentley

White Bolger Barrett Coker

Worrall Leonard Atkinson McLaughlin

Corr Pig

Timlin in for McLaughlin if he is fit enough.

2-1 Blues - a brace from Pig

Attendance - 10,204

I think we need more than 2 players TBH, but I admire your optimism.
stunned.gif
Haha I spazzed out and posted before I finished - edited above :smile:

I said on another thread that I wondered if Brown had deliberately gone all "4-5-1" at Stevenage in order to keep "4-4-2" up his sleeve and "launch" a slightly different team and approach on Thursday - and thereby nullifying some of Westley's training work and team set-up.

What we all didn't know was that there are rumours (on another thread) that White may be doubtful and Timlin would not be available. I would go with Atkinson out wide with Deegan inside. We (actually Phil Brown) can then go more attacking as the night progresses.

I do think the quality of the pitch will be a bonus to both sides.

I would play 4-4-2 at home - think OBL posted this team first and I quite like it.

Bentley

Worrall Leonard Atkinson McLaughlin

Corr Pig

Timlin in for McLaughlin if he is fit enough.

2-1 Blues - a brace from Pig

Attendance - 10,204

That side will do for me

442 Blues 3 Boro 1 Att 9879

451 att 9879 no idea of the score

Reading between the lines of Browns latest comments he's going to start with 4-5-1 with Timlin on the bench.

so probably Bentley / White Bolger Barrett Coker / Worrall Deegan Lenny Atkinson McLaughlin / Corr

although PB will obviously dress it up as a 4 3 3 ( "we wanna poot a marka doon + attack doon tha flanks" )

Dont laugh but my Wolves mate said the very day we signed him that Cassidy will run around a lot but wont score for us all season but then will score the winning goal that gets us to Wembley ...

so i'm going for a tense 1-0 win with Super Cass breaking his duck. :omg:

I said on another thread that I wondered if Brown had deliberately gone all "4-5-1" at Stevenage in order to keep "4-4-2" up his sleeve and "launch" a slightly different team and approach on Thursday - and thereby nullifying some of Westley's training work and team set-up.

What we all didn't know was that there are rumours (on another thread) that White may be doubtful and Timlin would not be available. I would go with Atkinson out wide with Deegan inside. We (actually Phil Brown) can then go more attacking as the night progresses.

I do think the quality of the pitch will be a bonus to both sides.

I believe Brown was just trying to nullify the match. Make it a draw, or steal a 1-0 win. If that wonderful strike from Stevenage did not happen, he might have got his wish on 1-0. I reckon they will play 4-4-2 as Stevenage will also try to attack to win.

0-2 (1-3) 850 away fans (not good!).

Horrific game for a while with us attempting to snatch something from set plays and counters. You'll get one and add a second as we push on trying to score. We have players available to make it an awesome game, but if you see either of Bond or Walton in our starting 11 (if it's both, FML), we won't be our attacking best.

I was more confident going to Spurs away in the Cup as what I am from getting a win (pens, maybe) at your place.

So long as you go on to beat the winner of the other game I won't be fussed, we'll be very strong in L2 next year and it has a lot better away days!

Bentley
White, Bolger, Barrett, Coker
Atkinson, Deegan, Leonard, Worrall
Corr, Pigott

Attendance 9876
Score 2-1 Southend Barrett (due a goal off his shiny head) and Corr

Like I said before I think PB was doing a normal manager routine of being cautious away from home with a 451 and will be expecting more comfort and control to come naturally at home so will play a 442. The pitch allowing us to get the ball down and play will be a massive factor imo! I'd go with....

..............Bentley................
white......Barrett.....Bolger......coker
worrall.....Lenny......tims/deegs....Atkinson
..........corr.............pig.............

was a tough one to pick between atkinson and McLaughlin but Atkinson run himself into the ground Sunday so just edged it. Think we need a deegan or timlin in the middle to break up the play and provide a physical edge in the middle. Went for pig got instead of Cassidy because he looks more dangerous infront of goal when his come off the bench lately.

Cant look beyond us at home if we can play our brand of football! Going a nervy 2-1 after boro take the lead.
Attendance 9257

Bentley

Worrall Leonard Deegan Atkinson

Corr Pigott

Hard to see beyond a 1-0, which will do fine.

Back