• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
After yesterday, I can't wait until Tuesday night.

I'm guessing Coker is going to be unfit, so the headache could be whether to play Kyprianou or stick with Tims, who did a decent job there yesterday against a good side who like to get it wide.

Lord knows what to expect from Swindon. They lost heavily on the road again, yesterday, but in-between won 3-0 at home to Charlton.

Sherwood is a motivator, so I'm sure he had a few choice words in the changing room after the match.

Hoping Cox will be OK and we go for it from the first whistle. Most of our wins have come from nailing it in the first 20 mins.

COYB! :happy:

We've accounted for 4517 home seats so far. I can't imagine that Swindon will bring more than a couple of hundred tops, cold wet Tuesday night and all that, so we will be lucky to reach 5k I reckon. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm not even going to attempt to guess who will be fit for the game. Cokes looked pretty damaged when he went off and PB reckoned it was in a plastic bubble now? If he's not fit I reckon we could see John White in that position, he's more of a full back than Timlin is after all. Phil will stick with as many of his Saturday starters as possible, but if Cox is out I'd be happy to see Ranger paired with the Snood, gloves and scarf geezer.

Like you, my excitement is growing for this one.............

After beating Bradford, I can see us getting over 6k on a Tuesday night and we can keep up our fantastic record in November too!

Yes - same team if possible.

Question marks over Coker and Cox perhaps.

I would use Kypo and Fortune as replacements. And see who else is carrying knocks and put them on the bench if required so that they will be back to being 100% fit come Saturday.

If there is any question over Wordsworth (he has been in and out of the squad through injury) then Tims makes an excellent replacement.

Don't forget JW, if fit, can also play LB and was brought in there during his first (loan) spell here. Might be that PB prefers an actual defender there rather than Tims.

White or Kypriano in for LB,.
Timlin did very well but he got lucky a few times, and having him ready, on the bench, to step into any midfield spot if required is more "round peg/round hole".
I think Cox will be fit although Fortune might come on earlier if we get started and ahead earlier.
Aren't both Cox and Ranger ex-Robin's? - hopefully they will do an Atko against their past employers.

White or Kypriano in for LB,.
Timlin did very well but he got lucky a few times, and having him ready, on the bench, to step into any midfield spot if required is more "round peg/round hole".
I think Cox will be fit although Fortune might come on earlier if we get started and ahead earlier.
Aren't both Cox and Ranger ex-Robin's? - hopefully they will do an Atko against their past employers.

Cox certainly is but I'm not sure about Ranger.

Ranger played the best football of his career at Swindon. Scored eight goals there in about 24 I think before getting bombed out.

Am writing this on the ferry across from Rosslare in SE Ireland, en route to Roots Hall for Tuesday evening. While I couldn't swing the Bradford game past the wife, I did manage to convince her that the most cost-effective ferry back for me was the overnight from Holyhead to Dublin at 0240 next Sunday morning. Which means that I can have a leisurely drive up the M6 on Saturday, stopping off at Walsall en route. If she ever finds out about the existence of Shrimperzone, that will be the end of my other t*sticle.

Having not seen a game all season, I appear to have timed my arrival well and can't wait. If that turns out to be a Kiss of Death, then I will apologise profusely.

Am writing this on the ferry across from Rosslare in SE Ireland, en route to Roots Hall for Tuesday evening. While I couldn't swing the Bradford game past the wife, I did manage to convince her that the most cost-effective ferry back for me was the overnight from Holyhead to Dublin at 0240 next Sunday morning. Which means that I can have a leisurely drive up the M6 on Saturday, stopping off at Walsall en route. If she ever finds out about the existence of Shrimperzone, that will be the end of my other t*sticle.

Having not seen a game all season, I appear to have timed my arrival well and can't wait. If that turns out to be a Kiss of Death, then I will apologise profusely.

You will then have to change your name to Fatjonah ...........

Fantastic - I've been let out of Cornwall for the week myself and luckily got to the Hall yesterday. Fingers crossed for more fine performances whilst back in Shrimper-land.

.. I did manage to convince her that the most cost-effective ferry back for me was the overnight from Holyhead to Dublin at 0240 next Sunday morning. Which means that I can have a leisurely drive up the M6 on Saturday, stopping off at Walsall en route. If she ever finds out about the existence of Shrimperzone, that will be the end of my other t*sticle.

LOL :smile:

I did say before the game Saturday we will beat Bradford and probably draw with Swindon, they did beat us twice last season. After our 3-0 win and them going down 4-0 has the banana skin just got bigger ?

Of course the boy's will be buzzing after Saturday, lets hope Cox is ok, it looked bad at the time but he did play on. Swindon will of course be more defensive than Bradford which doesn't actually suit us. We need to make sure we come out and remember why we played so well just 3 days before. Excellent work rate and tempo high up the pitch and not afraid to shoot.

More of the same please and prove me wrong.

I think the depth of our squad may be tested on Tuesday.
Coker out, possibly Cox.
.........oxley
Demetriou Anton Thompson O'Neil
Atkinson lenny Timlin mcgaughlin
......... Wordsworth
.........................ranger

Hopefully Cox is OK though and we may see Timlin at LB being the only change from Saturday.
Ferdinand.....two games so close????

I think the depth of our squad may be tested on Tuesday.
Coker out, possibly Cox.
.........oxley
Demetriou Anton Thompson O'Neil
Atkinson lenny Timlin mcgaughlin
......... Wordsworth
.........................ranger

Hopefully Cox is OK though and we may see Timlin at LB being the only change from Saturday.
Ferdinand.....two games so close????
Why would you play at LB a RB who isn't even playing RB this season? Straight choice for me between White (if fit) or Kyprianou if Coker doesn't make it.

Back