• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why? When it's true. I can see both arguments for keeping him in the side or not but there's no denying he's not playing well.

It's not true. You said yourself you hadn't been for a while so you're basing your comment on other people's opinions, which many of us disagree with. Woody had a GOOD game on Tuesday and he just seems to be the "favourite" player to target at the moment.

It's not true. You said yourself you hadn't been for a while so you're basing your comment on other people's opinions, which many of us disagree with. Woody had a GOOD game on Tuesday and he just seems to be the "favourite" player to target at the moment.

Don't forget we have Demetriou and Smith to target. We also have a fairly new boy Ryan Inniss and we all know that new boys should be picked on.

I would go for

T Smith
J White (most difficult choice) Ferdinand Thompson Coker
Atkinson Wordsworth (as Chris Phillips says how many goals from midfield) Leonard Mc Laughlin
Ranger Cox

Subs Bexton Demitrou. Inniss. O'Neill. Timlin. Mc Glashan. Fortune.

That too me is our strongest starting line up. I think a win for us

I didn't say I hadn't been in a while although there is some truth in what you say as I wasn't at either of our past 2 away games. But I have been to most games recently including Port Vale, Gillingham and Millwall and Wordy's been off colour in all three. I don't buy into the whole 'this person has been to 17 games so their opinion counts more than someone who's been to 15" attitude. I've seen the current side play enough this season to have opinions on players that my friend who is a season ticket holder whole heartedly agrees with.

The 2 recent games I have missed, I've read reports from people who were at the game and they've said that Wordsworth is still off form. I listened to both games on the radio and the commentators said the same, so who am I to believe?

Don't think of this as a witchhunt, I really rate Anthony Wordsworth and think he's a key player for us. But there is surely no denying he's badly off form and I don't think a game or two out of the side in the hope it fires him up into better performances is a bad thing.

The trouble is, as others have said, we don't really have anyone else who can unlock a team who come for a point, especially at Roots Hall so, with all this said, I'd still expect him to start on Saturday.

I would go for

T Smith
J White (most difficult choice) Ferdinand Thompson Coker
Atkinson Wordsworth (as Chris Phillips says how many goals from midfield) Leonard Mc Laughlin
Ranger Cox

Subs Bexton Demitrou. Inniss. O'Neill. Timlin. Mc Glashan. Fortune.

That too me is our strongest starting line up. I think a win for us

Think we should stick with Robinson up top. Remember from the away game that Walsall arent that pacey at the back, baring in mind Ranger strode straight through the middle of them etc

Saw the Charlton Manager saying Walsall were the best team to go to The Valley in his time in charge. Said their movement first half was excellent - so we need to be at the races from the off.
I reckon it will be a very good game.
C'Mon You Shrimpers.

Apparently Walsall line up in a 5 4 1 formation. Could be difficult to break down, if we are not in front by 25 mins I hope the fans don't get impatient which is what usually happens. Hopefully we can score early.

Just as well Brown is the manager and not you then!:facepalm:

Quoted tweet from CP yesterday: Brown: "For anyone giving Woody stick you can just reply by saying double figures from midfield. He's a big player for us."

I totally agreed with this OBL and I also agree what Brown said in the Echo. Why in the hell would you drop one of your top goal scorers. that would be madness.

I didn't say I hadn't been in a while although there is some truth in what you say as I wasn't at either of our past 2 away games. But I have been to most games recently including Port Vale, Gillingham and Millwall and Wordy's been off colour in all three. I don't buy into the whole 'this person has been to 17 games so their opinion counts more than someone who's been to 15" attitude. I've seen the current side play enough this season to have opinions on players that my friend who is a season ticket holder whole heartedly agrees with.

The 2 recent games I have missed, I've read reports from people who were at the game and they've said that Wordsworth is still off form. I listened to both games on the radio and the commentators said the same, so who am I to believe?

Don't think of this as a witchhunt, I really rate Anthony Wordsworth and think he's a key player for us. But there is surely no denying he's badly off form and I don't think a game or two out of the side in the hope it fires him up into better performances is a bad thing.

The trouble is, as others have said, we don't really have anyone else who can unlock a team who come for a point, especially at Roots Hall so, with all this said, I'd still expect him to start on Saturday.

To be fair, I also listened to both games on the Radio and they didn't say that at all. Clarky said the opposite.

Just as well Brown is the manager and not you then!:facepalm:

Quoted tweet from CP yesterday: Brown: "For anyone giving Woody stick you can just reply by saying double figures from midfield. He's a big player for us."
That's him on the bench tomorrow then.

Question ; does hospitality count as part of the total attendance count ? Or, are they "extras", as do not get allocated a seat within the ground ? :unsure:

first home game of the season for me. I'll be in one of the boxes. :thumbsup:

I would say that I hope you can see out of the box ............. but I'm not sure those that watched the Port Vale game would necessarily agree ....................:sad:

Hash tag: Areyoulivinginabox?Acardboardbox?

I would say that I hope you can see out of the box ............. but I'm not sure those that watched the Port Vale game would necessarily agree ....................:sad:

Hash tag: Areyoulivinginabox?Acardboardbox?

ha! trust me of the people in attendance i'll be the one most riveted to the game.

Question ; does hospitality count as part of the total attendance count ? Or, are they "extras", as do not get allocated a seat within the ground ? :unsure:
Yep all hospitality is counted as part of the attendance, you still have a match ticket that is scanned even if in a box or other areas.

Won't be many changes from Tuesday. I'll even expect to see Cox on the bench.

Back