• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gillingham won in last mins with 10 men's! Hopefully we can bring them crashing back down to earth on Sat, no more narrow formation please Mr Brown!

Why? This formation has served us well recently. We lost to a team tonight that just come off the back of a great win and high on confidence and in front of their own crowd. It happens.

Anyway, I believe if we rested Timlin and played Deegan tonight the scorline might of been a bit different.

Why? This formation has served us well recently. We lost to a team tonight that just come off the back of a great win and high on confidence and in front of their own crowd. It happens.

Anyway, I believe if we rested Timlin and played Deegan tonight the scorline might of been a bit different.
Deegan instead of Timlin would have made absolutely no difference. Our defence were woeful, in fact the whole team were woeful. The formation left us very exposed down the wings and if we had played with wingers instead of some strange lopsided 4312 or whatever you want to call it then maybe it would have been a different story. If we use the same formation against Gillingham I'm almost certain we'll lose again.

We lost tonight because the whole team were absolutely awful and the forwards were determined to waste chance after chance. It had nothing to do with their confidence or fans (I don't think I heard their fans apart from after each goal)

He is cos he doesn't know what he's talking about half the time and needs Paul Clark to bail him out!

To be fair Paul Clark clearly knows a lot more about the game than Nick as well, it's just less noticeable because Nick knows how to make the match sound exciting.

Deegan instead of Timlin would have made absolutely no difference. Our defence were woeful, in fact the whole team were woeful. The formation left us very exposed down the wings and if we had played with wingers instead of some strange lopsided 4312 or whatever you want to call it then maybe it would have been a different story. If we use the same formation against Gillingham I'm almost certain we'll lose again.

We lost tonight because the whole team were absolutely awful and the forwards were determined to waste chance after chance. It had nothing to do with their confidence or fans (I don't think I heard their fans apart from after each goal)

Fair enough, wasn't there myself but always a shame to hear the team played poor. Suppose you could be right that change of formation could freshen things up for Gillingham.

Time for bed said Zebedee.......Boing!!

2Q==

PB on the radio now. Says the lads have been great the last few weeks, but we didn't roll our sleeves up tonight. Said we didn't get the basics right. Assures the shrimpers that went all the way to Chesterfield tonight, of a better performance on Saturday. Says they'll be changes as we were too milky (weak)

PB on the radio now. Says the lads have been great the last few weeks, but we didn't roll our sleeves up tonight. Said we didn't get the basics right. Assures the shrimpers that went all the way to Chesterfield tonight, of a better performance on Saturday. Says they'll be changes as we were too milky (weak)

Unchanged lineup then :winking:

I always thought Paul Clark was wasted as a co-commentator, I'd have loved him back at Southend in some sort of coaching capacity. Great player for us, did a decent enough job as caretaker-manager here under Jobson and surely his experience and know-how could be better utilised than passing on his knowledge over the airwaves.

I always thought Paul Clark was wasted as a co-commentator, I'd have loved him back at Southend in some sort of coaching capacity. Great player for us, did a decent enough job as caretaker-manager here under Jobson and surely his experience and know-how could be better utilised than passing on his knowledge over the airwaves.

Said it many times myself.

Back