• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

05smithr

Schoolboy
[h=3]Southend United[/h]
  • 01 Morris
  • 02 Clohessy
  • 03 Gilbert
  • 06 Bilel
  • 15 Phillips
  • 23 Barker
  • 08 Timlin
  • 12 Ferdinand
  • 14 Martin
  • 19 Kalala
  • 22 Dickinson
[h=4]Substitutes[/h]
  • 27 Baldwin
  • 04 Hall
  • 07 Grant
  • 09 Harris
  • 24 Benyon
[h=3]Crewe Alexandra[/h]
  • 01 Phillips
  • 02 Tootle
  • 03 Davis
  • 05 Artell
  • 15 Martin
  • 31 Tunnicliffe
  • 04 Westwood
  • 08 Murphy
  • 09 Miller
  • 25 Powell
  • 30 Pearson
[h=4]Substitutes[/h]
  • 13 Martin
  • 12 Shelley
  • 07 Bell
  • 17 Mellor
  • 19 Clayton

Hope I'm wrong but can't help wondering if we could be a little more adventorous at home with a recognised striker as a partner for Dickinson. Relying a lot on Kane in a forward role doesn't always inspire me. Getting forward from late in his natural position yes but as a recognised kind of forward I'm sure he'll be marked better.

Hope I'm wrong but can't help wondering if we could be a little more adventorous at home with a recognised striker as a partner for Dickinson. Relying a lot on Kane in a forward role doesn't always inspire me. Getting forward from late in his natural position yes but as a recognised kind of forward I'm sure he'll be marked better.
agreed we need to be more of a attacking force at home and take the game to them as we seem to conceed stupid goals at home and then struggle to get back into the game.

To me Tottenham we're still slightly cautious in relation to worrying a little too much about what the opposition are going to do rather than let them worry about us. We are at home after all. Not quite as cautious as against Rotherham but enough to think it might be on the cards that we'll drop points. In Luggy I trust though so lets see what happens. Also Don't agree with Bilel being tagged mainly as super sub. I think he can perform just as well from the off. Tad concerned with Hall out of form going into the last quarter. Not good timing.

To me Tottenham we're still slightly cautious in relation to worrying a little too much about what the opposition are going to do rather than let them worry about us. We are at home after all. Not quite as cautious as against Rotherham but enough to think it might be on the cards that we'll drop points. In Luggy I trust though so lets see what happens. Also Don't agree with Bilel being tagged mainly as super sub. I think he can perform just as well from the off. Tad concerned with Hall out of form going into the last quarter. Not good timing.
i dont see how we can leave hall out at all as he has so much quality and can win a game on his own, lets pray for three points.

Back from my Spanish jaunt and rearing for us to go this afternoon. Just GOT to get our home form back on track....starting today! Rather nervous though.........Crewe ain't goin' to be a push over. UTB!!!

Gilbert in for Southend to face Crewe

SOUTHEND United boss Paul Sturrock has made one change from the team which beat Gillingham 2-1 on Monday night for today’s visit of Crewe Alexandra.
H.19.4

More...

Anyone know where I can get some Vallium? Sitting here every week listening to the game is getting more and more stressful.
Don't think I can relax until we get a five goal cushion.

Any news on Sampson? He tweeted yesterday morning something like "absolutely gutted" or something like that? Maybe has personal probs?

Back