• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United's talks ongoing with Sheffield United duo

We won't be able to extend the loans under an embargo
The one bit of good news is current loans can be extended I’m led to believe. It’s new recruits either on loan or permanent that won’t be permitted, until Ron and Ron only gets his house in order with HMRC.

Football league says you can have players for half a season so I don't know what that means in non league and if you already have them

Of course it will also depend on if these lads want to stay there, maybe other clubs higher up the leagues have noticed them and coming in with offers to play them in league one or two. It is always a problem once players are pulled out of the under 23 leagues and prove themselves at 1st team level, the vultures start to gather!

This is a question, not a statement. Is Lopata (I believe that's right) actually that good. I confess to staying away a bit recently since the Daggers game but I was there last night and I watched the Grimsby game and I haven't seen much of him to suggest he's that good. Genuinely interested to hear other peoples thoughts because, like I say, I haven't seen him that much so not really fair to judge.

It's all down to Sheffield if they think these players will benefit from a further time with us then we are in luck.But if Sheffield think that they wont there players tested at a higher level then there off.

It's all down to Sheffield if they think these players will benefit from a further time with us then we are in luck.But if Sheffield think that they wont there players tested at a higher level then there off.
It's down to the National League if their rules allow extension of short term loans like these two when a club is under an embargo. Looking at Appendix H on their rules website it seems they have the power to prevent this. Their rules seem a lot more stringent than the EFL. also their Embargo rules do not exclude the possibility of a points deduction either

Of course it will also depend on if these lads want to stay there, maybe other clubs higher up the leagues have noticed them and coming in with offers to play them in league one or two. It is always a problem once players are pulled out of the under 23 leagues and prove themselves at 1st team level, the vultures start to gather!
Oh, keep your hands off them please!

It's down to the National League if their rules allow extension of short term loans like these two when a club is under an embargo. Looking at Appendix H on their rules website it seems they have the power to prevent this. Their rules seem a lot more stringent than the EFL. also their Embargo rules do not exclude the possibility of a points deduction either
Thanks of course NL will need to agree but my point is what Sheffield want for their players not Southend

Well after reading what Chris Philips posted regarding embargo rules it clearly states that we cannot renew any loan deals let alone transfers ,so rubbish coming out of the club

don’t matter rearly as Maher don’t play one of them in the correct position anyway

The only hope is they are youth loans and there’s some loophole for that. If not then yeah they are off. I think their next step would be an EFL club in Jan regardless. Big loss if so and puts us even further in the ****.

Back