• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend Utd 1 Blackpool 2

I think everyone except Chris Powell knew the outcome of today when we saw that team sheet. Cox up front on his own!! It has never and will never work.
Only positive is Turner being sent off.. he has been woeful this season.

The starting line up was confusing, was Dieng playing up alongside Cox? was Bunn? was Kites playing as winger? who knew because the players didn't seem to.
IF, IF we had scored after 15 minutes when Kites lobbed gk and hit post AND some how came out the confidence would have flowed but from that moment, and a few odd decisions from the "I am NOT an Essex homer ref" official it was deja vu with Dru's injury underlining that.
MacClousky showed very little in his 60+ minutes to show he is worth trying much further with.
Blackpool were big and direct and had a plan that they stuck to and knew; we are confused and had, what 2 or 3 shots ON TARGET in 98 minutes?

Oxley 6

Demitriou 6: got a goal but needs to create more when going forward
Turner 4: stupid red card
Moore 5: more errors than usual
Hendrie 2 for first half 6 for second: stick him up front, he seems to have a better shot on him than our strikers.

Kightly 5: started brightly but got worse the longer the match went on
Dru 6: hopefully he's not too badly injured because he's clearly our best player
Mantom 5: constantly gave the ball away
Dieng 5: ditto
Bunn 7: constantly a threat and the only player that tries to take defenders on

Cox 6: played some nice balls but with Hopper out he needs to start taking shots because we don't have anyone else.

McCoulsky 4: Too static off the ball and has a poor first touch, he could have the greatest shot in the world but if he can't improve the rest of his game he's never going to have the opportunity to shoot.
McLaughlin 5: quiet
Theo n/a: wasn't on for long but his runs actually gave our midfielders something to aim for with our hoofball tactics, I'd prefer him to McCoulsky even with his lack of ability on the ball.

I ask with a sense of trepidation - but how was McCoulsky?

Won a couple of the hoofs that were sent up to his general direction, but not a lot of movement around penalty area. To be fair he didn't get a lot of service from midfield. Also fell over with the slightest nudge.
I would of rather of seen Theo on and that really sums him up.

Negative tactics from outset...We have taken a step back from last season and the honeymoon is truly over....even think PB had more idea with tactics and substitutions than CP .
One goal in the North bank net all season...no goals coming from midfield ..reverting to long balls ...we look like a team of individuals and it's not pleasant to watch.The effort and fitness was clearly missing and Blackpool deserved the win.

Couldn’t make the game today (sounds like I swerved a bullet!). I totally agree, I haven’t seen anything to suggest this team under Chris Powell is an improvement on any Phil Brown team we had. We all like Chris Powell, he’s a nice bloke but that doesn’t win football matches, we seem lacking in match sharpness, tactical awareness, discipline (how many bookings and reds this season now!?) not taking chances and general game management (6 goals conceded in last 10 mins of games already!)

Gloom and doom after that game. Our best player limps off injured, Two of our best players out for the season, plenty of midfielders but none of which score more than one or two goals in a season, and a lack of height and strength in all areas. The transfer window can't come quick enough.

I thought that first half was unbelievable, in that they get paid for that shower. Second half we had a spell where we looked much better, and I said if we got one we'd win. But the goal was the end of that spell. Formation was poor to start but no formation works if you can't pass 5 yards sideways.
I thought McAulsky did alright when he came on. Was a presence, won some headers. Better than most. At least I've been boozing today, would hate to watch that sober

4 shots on target & 1 goal for us
3 shots on target for them & 2 goals scored.

50/50 possession and both teams has 12 shots a piece at the nets

Bit of a 10 minutes frenzy in 2nd half but they were big and we just don't have the size/muscle to deal with it. And then that last 10 minutes of game AGAIN. So frustrating.

A lot of people will hate me for this, but they should have started the same line up as Wednesday as it seems our younger players have 90 minutes of energy vs 60 to 70 minutes of energy today.

We need something, not sure what but we need it quick.

4 shots on target & 1 goal for us
3 shots on target for them & 2 goals scored.

50/50 possession and both teams has 12 shots a piece at the nets

Bit of a 10 minutes frenzy in 2nd half but they were big and we just don't have the size/muscle to deal with it. And then that last 10 minutes of game AGAIN. So frustrating.

A lot of people will hate me for this, but they should have started the same line up as Wednesday as it seems our younger players have 90 minutes of energy vs 60 to 70 minutes of energy today.

We need something, not sure what but we need it quick.

GIve me a break, imagine how much that physical Blackpool team would have bullied our youngsters

Back