• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

next up for the blues, friday night football under the lights against Mansfield

so teams & scores guesses as normal

also, remember theirs a remembrence service before the game, and Southend, for all its failings, are the ONLY team in the UK that do this

What a lottery to predict any Southend scoreline, so il say a draw 1 1, Hurst with a late goal to bring us level, I think.:stunned:

I also think we will turn it around with goals from Woodrow and Hurst..having a clean sheet too through Bentley's heroic efforts.

Att. 4635 on a chilly evening.

White back in obviously, don't think Fred will feature again and I'd change the midfield. Payne, for me, is better as an impact sub so this is how I'd have us starting:

Bentley
White, Kiernan, Prosser, Coker
Atkinson, Leonard, Clifford, Timlin
Corr, Woodrow

Hope it's a good game, we have a decent ref and we get a fair result - 2-1 to us should do it.

..............................................BENTLEY......................................
AUGER.................WHITE..........................KIERNAN............COKER
.................ATKINSON............LEONARD..............TIMLIN...............
.............HURST....................CORR....................WOODROW..........

bench: REID,EASTWOOD,PAYNE,STRAKER,PROSSER,SMITH,CLIFFORD

i think both Prosser + Clifford could benefit from a rest , their good form from a few weeks ago has dipped. Also i think White's good organising skills would be beneficial in the middle alongside Kiernan + also guide young Auger.

I really fancy a big win for this one. . . . 4-0 !!!!! Leonard,Kiernan,Corr + sub Payne all to notch

THE BLUES ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!! :Goal::Goal::Goal::Goal:

..............................................BENTLEY......................................
AUGER.................WHITE..........................KIERNAN............COKER
.................ATKINSON............LEONARD..............TIMLIN...............
.............HURST....................CORR....................WOODROW..........

bench: REID,EASTWOOD,PAYNE,STRAKER,PROSSER,SMITH,CLIFFORD

i think both Prosser + Clifford could benefit from a rest , their good form from a few weeks ago has dipped. Also i think White's good organising skills would be beneficial in the middle alongside Kiernan + also guide young Auger.

I really fancy a big win for this one. . . . 4-0 !!!!! Leonard,Kiernan,Corr + sub Payne all to notch

THE BLUES ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!! :Goal::Goal::Goal::Goal:

Prosser had already been dropped for Keirnan, he was only back on Saturday because Phillips is out. Cant be rested now as still 2 game suspension and having White out of position and a kid at right back scares the life out of me!

Just hope Bentley doesn't come charging out of his box again...that was probably just a rush of blood to the head and a one-off!

Blues 2-1 Mansfield

Corr & Hurst scoring for us
Clucas for Mansfield

UTB

If the team put in the same effort as they did in the last Friday night game , I will be pleased.
Thoroughly deserved to beat Fleetwood that night.
A similar performance will see off Mansfield.

Bentley

White Kiernan Prosser Coker

Atkinson Leonard Timlin

Hurst Woodrow Payne

Time to mix it up a bit. I love Barry, I really do, but he is well out of sorts at the moment and may benefit from a rest. Time to move Woodrow into the middle so we can see what he's got in his locker as an out and out striker. Should do well with Hurst and Payne creating chances for him either side.

If the team put in the same effort as they did in the last Friday night game , I will be pleased.
Thoroughly deserved to beat Fleetwood that night.
A similar performance will see off Mansfield.

It's easy to forget we were second best first half against Fleetwood as well.

Bentley
White Kiernan Prosser Coker
. Atkinson Leonard Timlin
Hurst
. Corr Woodrow

Southend 2 Scabs 0 Craig reid to come off the bench and score two late goals, and prove me right and kick start his season plus I can't those strike breakers:thumbsup:

Southend 2 Scabs 0 Craig reid to come off the bench and score two late goals, and prove me right and kick start his season plus I can't those strike breakers:thumbsup:

I'm a bit confused ncfc1.....I appreciated your comments and advice prior to Saturday's game...which your lot won fair and square, but aside from happy memories of Craig Reid, I don't get why you carry on posting on this site...please quantify.:unsure:

In the BluesLounge for this for my Birthday next week. Reckon it'll be 2-1 Mansfield.

I was on Kos on holiday a few years ago along with Jocko and the lovely Frances and a few others and one night we met some lovely ladies from Mansfield in a bar.

Frances was talking to these ladies and said "So you are Stags" and one girl replied "Yes, we are all slags."

****ed myself laughing.

Mansfield on a poor run of form no wins in the last six and only two goals scored, surely we can get a home win.

Back