• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Peterborough Utd

What is your starting 11 for Tuesday and what is your result prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Large

Next up the Posh on Tuesday. Thoughts, views, formations, predictions all belong here. If you're gagging to go to this one and need a ticket the number's above.

As much as I'd like to be optimistic, I just can't. Our defending is abysmal and we'll concede. Our midfield offers so little in retaining position, protecting the defence or building an attack and so our forwards have little supply.

Maybe I am wrong and something finally clicks, but I just can't see it. If I am wrong I will be delighted.

we need a reaction.. the kind we needed after the Coventry and Blackpool game but didn’t get. I expect Bond to make changes to the starting 11 and formation again.. something in itself that can’t be helping the players this early on in the season. Posh haven’t had a great start themselves like many expected after the summer they had but I still can’t see a win coming.

Is starting to wonder if we could be the first team to go through the season without a win.

I’d go
Bishop
Bwomono White Lennon (hopefully he’s fine, if not Shaughnessy) Ralph
Ndukwu Milligan Hamilton Hutchinson
Cox Humphrys

Bishop
Elvis, White, Shaughnessy, Ralph
Ndukwu, Hamilton, Milligan, Hutchinson
Cox, Humphrys

Or a 4-2-3-1 of:

Bishop
Elvis, White, Shaughnessy, Ralph
Milligan, Mantom
Hamilton, Cox, Ndukwu
Humphrys

Needless to say I’m not remotely looking forward to this one but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I did not expect us to get much from the first three league games tbh, and winning the cup tie has to be seen as a good step.
For me the season starts afresh on Tuesday night and Mr Bond needs to send an unafraid and interested, motivated team out onto The Hall's hallowed turf.
All the talk has been said and now an organised and led display is needed.
KEEP IT SIMPLE MR B!!!!!
Either GK, not much in it between them for now.
Elvis, Shaunessy, Lennon, Ralph
Hutch, Milligan, Ethan, Layton,
Cox, Hump

We are obviously going to get injuries so we need to find a system that we can swap players in and out of. We cannot have a style that only key players fit into. Let's hope we sort this and can settle into the season.

So ………...based on that, Massimo's team selection with one amendment.
Cox to be attacking midfield, Hutch to the bench, and Humph up front with young Goodship (playing as a striker and NOT a winger)....will we ever learn :Winking:

Is it just me or is it about time Goodship got a chance to play in his natural position? He could potentially be the perfect partner for Humphrys or Cox, and he is our tallest option up front. Scored tons of goals albeit in the lower leagues he’ll want to show what he’s all about for sure, also seemed good with his feet against Millwall. Just feel often Humphrys and Cox cancel each other out being fairly similar type of striker. Would kill for someone of Barry Corr’s mould to partner.

Back