• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fredheim_holm

Where art thou Tes
Thought I'd start one of these up. Really tempted to come back home to watch this one, it makes no sense but I really fancy it!

Current form of both sides:
Southend (L-L-D-L-W)
Crewe (W-W-W-L-W)

Current form home/away:
Southend (home) (L-D-W-L-L)
Crewe (away) (D-L-W-W-L)

For me I'd go for this line-up (if Martin's fit):

Morris

Clohessy Phillips Barker Prosser

Hall Kalala Timlin Martin

Dickinson Benyon

Without Martin:

Morris

Kalala

Mohsni Ferdinand Timlin Hall

Dickinson

Prediction: Blues 2-1 Crewe - Dickinson and Ferdinand.​

Am important match this and vital we take three points because if we don't we might be down to 5th suddenly depending on results. Crewe's form of late has been good and they will be buoyed by the win over Burton on tuesday. Moreover they've won on their last two visits to Roots Hall so maybe by the law of averages we're due a good home result against them. Need to step up to the mark now for this is the right time to start doing it and because I can't see much let-up from the likes of Swindon, Torquay etc.

This is a real tough game. They play good football, have some exceptional young players and a good dash of experience. Theyll be thinking they can still make the play offs so plenty to play for both teams.
Team will probably be the same as monday with Hall in for the injured Martin.
Need to start like we did on Monday, for me our slow starts at home have been the reason the crowd has not been particularly vociferous. If we let Crewe start passing the ball around then I fear we will lose.

Have a bad feeling Gilbert will make an unwelcome return, hopefully I'm wrong.
I'd like to see the same team we had against Gillingham, with Hall in for Martin if he's still injured. If Martin is fit then leave it unchanged

Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but we've had to cut our price on Southend for this one. Plenty of good money coming in.

Cliche, and perhaps a no brainer, but with the way things are, every game is a must win for me. Time to sort the men from the boys, come on you Blues!

Out of interest Luggy is 40-1 and Tilly is 25-1 for the Huddersfield Job.

We are going to destroy them 3-1

personally I don't know if I want Hall to play. Sturrock dropped him for a reason, and when he came on on Monday he did not set the world on fire. If we can get back the Hall from the start of the season then great, if not then I would rather have someone else and have him on the bench

We will win!
Mohsni has to start!
The team have to press the ball!
The supporters have to realise their ability to move their lips make air vibrate and to actually make some noise!

Positive noise might I add!

Come on you blues!

I'd keep the same formation and line-up as the Gills game, dont change a winning side!
------------------Morris-----------------
Clohessy---Phillips----Barker---Prosser
-------------Kalala-------Timlin----------
-Mohsni--------Ferdinand--------Martin/Hall (whether Martin is fit or not)
-------------------DICKO-----------------

For me as the home side we should be looking to create and take chances ourselves rather than be overly concerned at what the opposition may do.
We are top of the league and at home so let's be positive and take the game to them form the first whistle.
My side would be as follows.

Morris

Hall Kalala Timlin Martin

Dickinson Sampson

This might seem a little harsh on Biel and Kane who both played ok on Monday night but both would be good options off the bench if required.

Expecting a difficult game but we really need to get a decent result with the top of the table being so tight and expecting/hopping we deliver but it might be a nervy 2-1 home win.

I agree that we NEED to see a more positive side put out tomorrow. A midfield of Grant, JP and Timlin just doesn't provide us with enough attacking guile.

..........................Morris

Clohessy... Phillips... Barker... Prosser

.......................Timlin/JP

Hall ...........................................Martin

...................Ferdinand/Bilel

...........Sampson...... ..Dickinson

I suggest Grant wont be anywhere near the first team for a while. Kane is a certain starter after his performance and I would Bilel every game. Possibly JPK will be dropped and Timlin play the deeper role with Kane in the middle, Martin and Bilel out wide and Dicko with Sampson up top.

Back