• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

so, the game none of us are looking forward to, the game against the thugs from sarf London,

Phil brown said he'd be making a few changes for this one, so i'm going for

Bentley
White Phillips, Thompson Straker
Hurst, Clifford Laird Timlin
Corr Woodrow

Smith, Augar, Prosser, Leonard, Atkinson Payne, Corr

2-1 Blues

Last edited:
so, the game none of us are looking forward to, the game against the thugs from sarf London,

Phil brown said he'd be making a few changes for this one, so i'm going for

T.smith
Augur Phillips, Thompson Straker
Hurst, Clifford Laird Atkinson
Payne
Eastwood

2-1 Blues

Comedy post of the year so far

I think the game is too soon for Mr. Phillips, Coker and Hurst need the rest to recharge their batteries. I also think that it may be a half each for Lenny, Atkinson, Eastwood and Reid (Woodrow).

Not saying that the following lineup is what I would want, rather what I think will happen. Lets face it we have no chance of winning the F.A cup and we need to keep players fit for our league challenge.

Bentley

White Thomson Prosser Straker
Clifford Leonard Laird Timlin
Corr, Eastwood (Woodrow if he hasn't left us by then)

we will put our first eleven out we have a good chance to beat them and make some money which the chairman wants and hope to get a plum tie in the next round

Difficult one. Would say the game is really well poised. If they lose this, they face a really tough next few weeks. Their defence was solid last season with ****tu at the back, but they've shipped too many goals since August. Always rated Keogh up front, and Jimi on his day looks good in midfield. Neil Harris will have to gee the players up, most of them didn't look arsed when Lomas was in charge, which, of course, didn't go down too well with their fans. We'll just see how back the gap in quality is between us and them. Hope it goes ahead, as the weather doesn't look all that great. If it does, I'm looking forward to a proper old-fashioned cup tie. Just hope a few decisions go their way, their fans are at their worst when they feel cheated.

Am I right that a certain Mr Nicky Bailey plays for this lot. That should spice it up a bit! I'm going for a Southend 2-1 win. We hard to beat and they are quite frankly crap! Albeit championship crap.

I think the game is too soon for Mr. Phillips, Coker and Hurst need the rest to recharge their batteries. I also think that it may be a half each for Lenny, Atkinson, Eastwood and Reid (Woodrow).

Not saying that the following lineup is what I would want, rather what I think will happen. Lets face it we have no chance of winning the F.A cup and we need to keep players fit for our league challenge.

Bentley

White Thomson Prosser Straker
Clifford Leonard Laird Timlin
Corr, Eastwood (Woodrow if he hasn't left us by then)

May I remind you that we can only use 3 subs...not 4. :thumbsup:

Same goes to you. I counted 4 players.

If you read what IloveShrimp wrote it was half a game each! I read that's two subs (i.e.Lenny and Eastwood first half, with Atkinson and Reid (or Woodrow) second half. I'll book you in for some home tuition.

We have only faced Millwall once in the FA Cup. Last time we did was at home, in the 3rd round and we won 1-0 thanks to a Collymore goal.

I can't see anything but a Millwall win I'm afraid.

They may be on a poor run but still have some very good players. Steve Morison was scoring in the Premiership a couple of years ago so you'd think he'd give The Pross and Phillips a real test.

Nicky Bailey is still a very good player pulling the strings in midfield and obviously a goal threat too.

Also Neil Harris, whilst not familiar with our entire squad, will have played with the majority as recently as last season and in particular our key players. For instance he'll know all about Barry Corr and how we'll play off his knock-downs and will try to isolate him as other teams have done successfully against us, especially at home, several times this season. He'll know that Kevan Hurst is our most creative player and if they can stop his delivery into the box then we'll lose a lot of our threat. Plus Hursty will be against Championship standard defenders who might not get beaten quite so easily as he is used to.

That said, its the FA Cup, they're on a poor run and we're at home. If we can keep it tight in the opening 20 minutes and get in their faces we have a chance. Add to this the fact the weather could well be a leveller then it might be a closer game than expected.

I'll be keeping everything crossed for a win tomorrow and a decent draw in the next round but lets just remember it would be an upset if it happens.

I think there may be one or two changes to ensure fresh legs- but not to weaken the side- win and next draw could wipe out 100k a month losses out for the season- that what a big premier team away can do

Bentley
White Phillips Prosser Coker
Hurst Laird Leonard Timlin
Eastwood Corr

Woodrow, Clifford, Thompson, Straker, Atkinson, Payne, Smith

Dont think White or Prosser need a rest - there the sort of players who just keep going
Phillips needs games not a rest
Coker possible could be rested and Straker come in (an option but I don't think likely)
Laird, Leonard & Timilin have already missed enough games ans Hurst missed a couple quite recently (I make atkinson favourite for the 'rest' therefore)
Freddy and Barry both need some match time (I dont think they like the the look of BBBC as their defense have been a tadge fragile and we need the guile Freddy brings to create something)

Freddy off on the hour and replaced by Woodrow
Clifford & Atkinson on for Laird and Hurst after about 70 mins

I think that uses the squad without weakening anywhere at all

Back