• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend v Millwall

That's made me feel really sad to think the return fixture against Millwall is coming up as the away game in August was my last Southend match before moving out here. Not your fault OBL but this thread has brought on a bout of homesickness..... :(

My missus will be getting it in the ear from me when we get home about moving back home. Forget warm sunshine and cold beer at football, I want a freezing cold day and warm ale in the pub and I want it now!

Sorry for the thread diversion, just wanted to get that off my chest.

Sorry about that Libertine, don't feel too bad though, at least you have that much better way of life and stuff going on! Plus Spinner of course!

Not your fault - just funny how little things trigger it off. Next week I have a week off and we're up on the Sunshine Coast - when I'm on that beach the homesickness will soon fade.

As long as you all give them an extra cheer from me against Danny Baker's boys that will make me feel like I'm there in spirit.

Pretty sure we'll be quite "vocal", and if it's any consolation, we will have Ant over from Ireland so that's one exile back in the fold, plus of course, Backpacking Shrimper is home now.

i'm more worried about their loanee james henry who has scored 2 in 4 and is appentley looking very dangerous.

gary hoopers just come outta clarkys pocket after 97 minutes sure theres room for him in there henry> :flamer:<clarky

He has not set the world on light since being at Millwall - so not many are too bothered about it. We've got far better forwards playing.

He has not set the world on light since being at Millwall - so not many are too bothered about it. We've got far better forwards playing.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Millwall (if that's possible) heared that the chavs who normally insult the away fans at the Den ended up getting kicked out on Saturday, can you shed any light on this?

really? i've heard he hasn't done to bad and looks quite dangerous at times. plus he's scored 2 in 4 and that goal he scored for u lot last tuesday (can't think of your opponents) from about 30 yards was a screamer

Well, most people like Millwall - you'd be surprised.

It's all over the internet, that incident - can't figure out what the true story is. Apparently a steward was harrasing a group of kids, and the kids turned on him and beat him up. Again, just internet blabber so may not be true. I didn't see any of it as I was in a part of the ground that has an obstructed view of the East Stand.

Big crowd on Tuesday? We are all looking forward to it - local, stroll along the sea-side, fish and chips etc.

Reckon you can make the play offs?

really? i've heard he hasn't done to bad and looks quite dangerous at times. plus he's scored 2 in 4 and that goal he scored for u lot last tuesday (can't think of your opponents) from about 30 yards was a screamer

No, I was refering to Pericard - not Henry.

Henry's a good player.

We won't be making the Playoffs this season.

Should be a decent gate on Tuesday. We only got 6,000 against Scunny but after that win and with the large travelling support that Millwall always bring we should be around or above 7,500, I reckon.

Henry is a fantastic young player and one that I'm gutted we couldn't have gone and got with our links to Reading. He'd have been a superb signing for us and would've improved our midfield massively.

I think at least 1,500 should be travelling and hopefully not the group of 14 year olds who tried to "storm" your stand last year. Silly sods.

No, will be a good game and atmosphere, I am sure.

That Millwall yoof who come on here and got slagged off and slagged us off ending up getting banned, funny guy he was :D

According to their website we only gave them 1500 tickets. To quote Mr. Tilson before the Col U game regarding the quota they gave us 'maybe we dont need the money?. Would have thought we'd have given them at least 2,000?.

I think at least 1,500 should be travelling and hopefully not the group of 14 year olds who tried to "storm" your stand last year. Silly sods.

No, will be a good game and atmosphere, I am sure.

I'm getting on a bit now and cant remember the last time you won down here, can you recall?. Apart from the game in the old 1st division in 1991 when you won 3-2 with Mark falco scoring for you, i cant remember any since then?. No doubt you can put me right.

can't wait for this one. another game to look forward to. mainly because there will be a good atmosphere at the hall. moving from the south upper library to the west for this one.

Back