• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought at the time that Demi was hard done by, and outside the box. The vid shows me I was wrong on both counts. Definite pen and a great opportunity for the Ox to show us how to save penalties. Demi's penalty was very coolly taken. I did watch between the fingers over my face. Wright's goal was also better than I thought when I saw it live. Anyway, 2-0, get in!

I thought at the time that Demi was hard done by, and outside the box. The vid shows me I was wrong on both counts. Definite pen and a great opportunity for the Ox to show us how to save penalties. Demi's penalty was very coolly taken. I did watch between the fingers over my face. Wright's goal was also better than I thought when I saw it live. Anyway, 2-0, get in!

Definately in the box. Maybe I'm blind or blinkered but I can't see a foul. Looks a very harsh decision to me, as I first thought. Fantastic save by Oxley though :Worthy:

Never a penalty in a million years. My view from the East allowed me to see Dimi get the ball cleanly and their bloke go back over his leg. One of those very rare occasions where I stand up and question the referee's parentage.

They get given all the time OBL.. I have the same problem when my pooch wants feeding, he knocks me over :stunned:

That's true, I thought both decisions were questionable to say the least. Ours looked more of a pen than theirs though :unsure:

That's true, I thought both decisions were questionable to say the least. Ours looked more of a pen than theirs though :unsure:

We were saying that rather than give us a penalty, the ref should have played advantage! :winking::smile:

Confirms what I thought at the time, Demi's challenge for their penalty looked worse than it was from that angle. He did get the ball, and the man toppled over. Harsh but I can see why it was given. Thankfully, Oxley's lesson in penalty saving made sure justice was done!

And, now I have seen Jason's penalty, as couldn't bring myself to watch at the game, it was well taken and hats off for such a cool head! The second goal was well worked and beautifully taken, with MAF, Macca and Wright all doing a super job.

Both of those pen decisions are actually pretty soft

But great finish from Demi and equally great save from Ox

No one else has mentioned it, but poor positioning by us leaving Demi to mark 2 players, which is why he ended up tackling from the wrong side and a penalty being awarded. Additionally at the time . Re his pen, oxley would have had no trouble saving it.:smile:

Back