• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
We have to put the loss against Brentford behind us now and look forward to the game against Plymouth on Saturday. It's a huge game as we really need to stop the rot and get 3 points on the table to keep us in the top lot and stop us slipping out of touch into the chasing pack group. We have a lot of injuries which could prove a worry with Cresswell and Hurst joining the list with injuries picked up today.

Smith

Clohessey-Prosser-Phillips-Straker
Martin-Timlin-Woodyard
Corr-Tomlin-Benyon

Subs: Bentley, Spicer, Harris, Barker, Njie, ? , ?

Looking at what's ahead, I wonder if this game is in doubt? Can't see many Plymouth fans making the trip if it goes ahead.

My suggestion is do NOT cover the pitch, unless we sign Ronaldo before the weekend (could happen)...

......................smith......................
Clohessey..phillips..prosser..barker
leonard..woodyard..timlin..martin
..............tomlin...corr...................

Bench: Benyon,harris,spicer,coughlin,straker,bentley

Need Britt and Laird back or else I fear a defeat. Straker, Martin not good enough, Leonard did ok last night but he's no Hurst. Defence abysmal last night, and Timlin is in shocking form.

Interesting what some people have been saying about our defence. Im a big fan of Smith and have defended him for most the season and also pin pointed on numerous occasions how weak our defence is at times and how exposed smith is left, yet, smith gets caned and the defence isnt mentioned. However, we have gone from a team looking very solid, clean sheets and scoring goals to the complete opposite. Add to that the now growing list of injuries, im praying this game gets called off so we can get the ship in order. Players need a break, hoping the likes of Hurst, Laird, Cress and Britt can use the time to get over their injuries and we can sign a couple of players in. Cant help thinking that the loss of revenue by getting knocked out last night is going to affect who we do and dont sign.

If this game is called off then this is a GOOD thing, we have so many injuries to key players that I can see us losing this one. I say leave the covers off!!! :smile:

Looking at what's ahead, I wonder if this game is in doubt? Can't see many Plymouth fans making the trip if it goes ahead.

Plenty of London-based Plymouth fans, so they would bring down a few more than might be expected for a club from so far away.

Think Mr Cashflow would like the game to go ahead.

Personally want games asap to try and get back on track.

Think Mr Cashflow would like the game to go ahead.

Personally want games asap to try and get back on track.

How do you expect us to do that. Virtually all our key / best players from this season are now injured, unlikely to get any reinforcements and have lost our last three league games with out scoring. The best thing that could happen is for the game to be cancelled and give us a chance to have a break. As i said earlier last nights game should never have happened, we should have won at roots hall. Add to that, we have now missed out on £400k and also picked up injuries, not a good night really and with all the other games coming up, in particular Orient, we need to get the squad back fit.

IF we dont play next Saturday our next game is away to Chesterfield, which with 5 games without a win could easily be our 4th league loss in a row.

Id rather play Plymouth in the meantime, even with injuries.

We are in some trouble if the majority are hoping a home game against Plymouth is called off..............
I understand about the injuries / fatigue etc , but let's beat them on Saturday and get a bit of confidence back.

Plus I've promised to go shopping with the missus if the game is off and this would be a disaster..............:omg:

just seen the weather for friday and saturday and it looks like we could have some snow, get the covers on if you want the game on ron martin:unsure:

Latest forecast; advance weather warning for snow issued earlier this morning effective from Friday afternoon to Saturday lunchtime. An early call however given that temps are unlikely to pass 1c through to Saturday afternoon (with night time lows of -7c) I would suggest that the game will almost certainly be postponed (at least a 80% chance at this stage).

Back